Fly Tying
vicente

favorite fly swap

I have finished a series of Red Ass Kelso soft hackles, size 14 hook, Pearsall's Red Gossamer silk, peacock herl collar, brown and tan hackle of the American Grouse neck area.

A series of size 16 Purple and Silk North Country Spiders/Skaters. Purple silk body with highly speckled oversized hackle from the covert inner wing of the Hungarian Partridge.

Two very fishable flies and if you get into where the Spiders can be skated some violent slashes can occur. Done it on lakes but never fortunate to get into it on rivers yet.

Note to our new friend Mainard. Glad to have a new face in the swaps but please help the swapmeister by reading the rules and regs for joining a swap. These flies won't be all that big so an Altoids box or similar size should work fine and is one of the most used. Make sure you include the second envelope with return envelope and stamped for return. Don't let PO stick a tag on since they're only good for a day at that PO. You need stamps. Toe tags can be done with paper or if you a lot of sheets of foam like many of us it makes good toe tags and doesn't lose flies as often.

Happy to see ya' in here and it's a good learning experience and gives a person a darn nice set of various flies for the box for lake or stream.

Nick

I'd be interested if you will have me.

Only problem being, I would have to pay pal you postage or pay you in dubbing or feathers or beads or.... as I am a Canuck.

If this works, let me know.

Cheers, Ron...

Thanks Nick. I have read all the rules and see that there have been issues with people in the past so I will do my best to follow the rules. Thanks for having me.

Thanks Vicente.

I will be tying a balanced crazy legs on a size 8 mustad 32833-BN hook. One of my most productive flies from mid December to April on the north shore rivers of Lake Ontario.