Fly Tying
vicente

good cheap razor blades

Hmmmm 100 cheap blades fro a few bucks. You only get 3 bugs per blade = 300 deer hair bugs.

I doubt I'll tie that many in this decade.

I think it will take me a while to go through them that ten pack only Lasted me about 3 months maybe a little longer and I certainly should've started throwing them out sooner.

I don't think there is much difference in cheap vs expensive until you measure the usage. I usually trim close to desired shape with scissors and finish with the blade. I can tie many flies with one double edge blade. If it cost pennies I really don't care. I wouldn't buy them at a pharmacy though. You can save a lot if at Wall Mart. I bought more than I'll ever use in my lifetime because you never know when they will stop making them.

I bought a 100 blade pack (10 packs of 10) of Feather double-edged blades just before Christmas for $20 bucks. These are about the finest blades we can buy. Not all blades are created equal at all. I think they are better than Merkur blades. Super-super sharp. I use them everyday when I shave. I get about 2 weeks of shaving out of one blade. For shaving deer hair flies they'd be awesome!

"Good cheap"........good oxymoron.

Good and cheap can "sometimes" go together. Especially when your talking outdated products like double edge razors, they will eventually stop producing them which will then make them more expensive.

Safety razors have been around for well over a hundred years and are far from "outdated". Doubt you'll see them disappear in next hundred.

FWIW, good is an antonym of cheap.

Cheap ... price wise ... just means inexpensive compared to other brands. There are TONS of products out there, in all disciplines, that are cheaply priced GREAT products.

Too many people live well beyond their means because they must have the highest priced crap. It's why the average household is in debt for more than $130,000.00.

Wife and I are debt free because we recognize that quality doesn't always require the highest price tag.

Spend more for razor blades if you wish ... you'll throw them away just like the cheap ones, in the end.

The OP said he paid $10 for 10 blades at CVS in his first post.

I suggested ebay and he found 100 for $10 of the same quality blade.

Cut out the greedy middleman and yes cheap can be synonymous with quality.

Safety razors have been around for well over a hundred years and are far from "outdated". Doubt you'll see them disappear in next hundred.

FWIW, good is an antonym of cheap.

So what your saying is if I was to buy in bulk say $10 for 100 blades and turn around and list 10 packs for $5 a pack you would buy the 10 pack because the bulk pack must be cheap? Things can also be overpriced pieces of junk, just because its more money doesn't make it any better

There are a lot of things where good can be had cheaply. I'm sure there are quite a few hooks out there for example that are made in the same factory with the same steel and sharpened and tasted the same, and one will be labeled a high dollar brand and the other a store brand or similar same hook different price. Brand names add cost often without the quality, if you know which ones to buy it can save money.