Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Troutbum11

Feather Game Changer YouTube Video

Hey guys,

Just finished this video last night. It was a really fun fly and video to make. Hope you enjoy! Please let me know what you think. Critiques welcome!

Thanks for watching.

Awesome video!! Holy crap thats a ton of feathers in that thing, id be trying to keep a fish from eating it lol

Haha, Yes it is a ton of feathers!! And a lot of time too. Thats why I glue so much throughout it. Thanks!

I agree with all of Joseph's comments.

I don't even think I have that many feathers! But I do like the video and the music.

Excellent video -- good narration, good sequencing, good music. :) I have to say, I think your idea of using inexpensive hooks with the bends and points cut off in place of the pricey "fish spines" is genius. I think I will try that myself.

The fly looks great -- I very much like the use of the Brahma hen for the body. There are other game bird feathers I can see working well, too. I think the only thing I will change when I tie it is the head--I'm going to try ram's wool or Australian 'possum, because I think it will push more water and make more noise that way, but I will do some with the feather heads, too, and see how they compare.

Again, nice work, and thanks for sharing!

Bryon

There are other game bird feathers I can see working well, too. I think the only thing I will change when I tie it is the head--I'm going to try ram's wool or Australian 'possum, because I think it will push more water and make more noise that way, but I will do some with the feather heads, too, and see how they compare.

Thanks Bryon! The possibilities are truly endless with this one. The one in the video is only my fourth attempt at the fly. I can think of many many materials this fly can be tied with. I was just sticking to the original pattern, but by all means, try some different materials out! I know I will!

Really like this Game changer out of feathers man ......So Cool !!

Thanks for sharing :)