Fly Tying
ColonelMel

Panfish Swap With A Twist

Winter time is always a good time to get back to the vice for me, bertgwen. And you have the SMP.

ONLY THE POPPER AND SPONGE SPIDER LEFT

I'm used to swaps with 12 people so this'll be a breeze. HA... Anyone, I'm not into tying poppers except in the most basic and sorry looking form so I'd like to give the sponge spiders a whirl. Seems hard to believe any list of panfish flies could be out there with the basic Bluegill Bully on it. If time permits I might toss some of those in there to really complete a list of panfish flies.

Nick

Glad you joined us, vcrider. I realized different people would have different preferences for a "Top 10 Panfish Fly," but if was concerned that if I opened it up for debate we'd never get a swap going. So I just stuck with what the one writer said. There were a couple of other lists that popped up. But there wasn't a David Letterman top ten list.......

Only One Spot Left

Thanks for stepping up, djh262.

That's it, the swap is full. Everyone has about 6 weeks the get their flies tied. PM me for the address when you are ready to mail.

This is what I'm thinking for the carrot fly. Any suggestions or tips? The dubbing came out more yellow in the picture but it looks orange in person.

post-59987-0-57586800-1485718736_thumb.jpg

wmw4, I'm firmly of the belief that if you put soft hackle in front of anything or nothing on a hook a fish will give it a try. I finished off my bluegill bullies but am waiting to get the stuff I ordered for the spiders. I've never been good at cutting foam so I ordered some different bodies to give them a try. Like soft hackle to a trout, if it floats and has wiggly legs a 'gill will eat it.

Someone in the house should be healthy enough in a few days to get to post . Starting about last Monday wife got sick bad. I tended to her while letting the vermin she had ingested find their way into my already over challenged lung system. So for me since about Wednesday evening I've been doing everything possible to not end up in emergency room. I'm on 92% oxygen 24/7 since then, nebulizer twice as often, Mucinex twice as often, fighting thru and getting out lots of upper lung congestion. Seems like a good time to tie but this combo of overtreatment which is slowly winning the battle against the crud but what happens it gets my hands to shaking like a guy with palsy. I eat with a spoon so I don't poke my eye out (that's a joke, sort of). The good thing is if I live thru this I should have some immunity in the future and will go and get my long put off flu shot as soon as I'm healthy. If I'm like this on nothing but a cold (a nasty one that's true) then how would I do with the flu? Well, many of the statistics for flu deaths are elderly (hate that word) people with COPD and that would be me. I know several on the board have fought bugs this year and you have my sincerest sympathies.

wmw4, I'm firmly of the belief that if you put soft hackle in front of anything or nothing on a hook a fish will give it a try. I finished off my bluegill bullies but am waiting to get the stuff I ordered for the spiders. I've never been good at cutting foam so I ordered some different bodies to give them a try. Like soft hackle to a trout, if it floats and has wiggly legs a 'gill will eat it.

Someone in the house should be healthy enough in a few days to get to post . Starting about last Monday wife got sick bad. I tended to her while letting the vermin she had ingested find their way into my already over challenged lung system. So for me since about Wednesday evening I've been doing everything possible to not end up in emergency room. I'm on 92% oxygen 24/7 since then, nebulizer twice as often, Mucinex twice as often, fighting thru and getting out lots of upper lung congestion. Seems like a good time to tie but this combo of overtreatment which is slowly winning the battle against the crud but what happens it gets my hands to shaking like a guy with palsy. I eat with a spoon so I don't poke my eye out (that's a joke, sort of). The good thing is if I live thru this I should have some immunity in the future and will go and get my long put off flu shot as soon as I'm healthy. If I'm like this on nothing but a cold (a nasty one that's true) then how would I do with the flu? Well, many of the statistics for flu deaths are elderly (hate that word) people with COPD and that would be me. I know several on the board have fought bugs this year and you have my sincerest sympathies.

Pulling for you to shake it here in Buffalo