Fly Tying
Dubs

The Complete Caddis Swap

My Nelson's Caddis are in the mail. This fly is not named by or for me. Nelson's Caddis was featured in Fly Fisherman Magazine in the March 1987 issue, pp 34 in an article by the late Michael Fong. Nelson Ishiyama is the owner of the Henry's Fork Lodge. I have a copy of the article and would be glad to mail anyone a copy that would like one. I have probably caught more fish with this fly than any other in my fly boxes.

Will take a copy Bob, It pre-dates my collection...

Hey Dubs, Sent my bugs to you yesterday. My Emergent Sparkle Pupa, should arrive to you on Monday.

Thanks for hosting this swap. -Dorado

Got them Dorado thanks, and fishingbobnelson I got yours also.

Almost there!

Mine are in the mail as well. Should be there soon. I went with a balloon caddis, nice and high floating and tested out a new really buggy dubbing for the body. Hope everyone likes them.

What kind of dubbing did you use? I just picked up a bunch of dubbing from FTD, love the prices I think I got 19 packs of dubbing and some flashy stuff for 23 bucks.

FTD has a dubbing that is the most wild and wooly of any I've used. It is either their Kraken dubbing or the Krap dubbing. I just know using it in split thread loop it will do a bugger body with(out) hackle.

I used the kraken on my butte ugly buggers. I like the super kraken as well, I used it chopped very small for my caddis larva heads.

I used the kraken on my butte ugly buggers. I like the super kraken as well, I used it chopped very small for my caddis larva heads.

FTD needs to use V's buggers in their promotions for Kraken. They have a simple, yet elegant appearance- testament to tier and material. Just good paint in an Artist's hands!

What kind of dubbing did you use? I just picked up a bunch of dubbing from FTD, love the prices I think I got 19 packs of dubbing and some flashy stuff for 23 bucks.

This was some sort of Tyers Dungeon dubbing. I'll get back on the name. Not the buggiest Ive used per se, but it has micro rubber strands and such in it that I think it makes for a good caddis. I'll be trying it on caddis nymphs next.

Just an update, carpflyguy your set came in thank you, which means all sets are in!

I will sort and turn them around quickly. Monday should see them at the PO

I want to thank ALL members involved in participating for a great swap

Getting your flies here in a timely fashion, and of course tying some sweet stuff

Just received my Flies..... what a great set of Caddis Flies ....thankyou everyone for some great flies that will be put to the test. Thanks to Dubs for hosting. It was a nice idea for a swap .

Wow got mine today nice job by everyone. These will all get put to good use.

My package arrived today. It was a great swap. It will be nice to have a great bunch of examples here. Thanks for hosting!!!