Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Need a material suggestion... help wanted!

I haven't used pseudo hair but from the pictures I've seen it looks a lot more like polar fiber than craft fur. In fact it looks near identical to polar fiber, which is much softer than normal craft fur.

Guys, I went to all those links you posted. Either they didn't have it, or it was a random barred kind of color (no-no). Is polar fibre like the same thing as pseudo hair or.?

Throw a fly together and go fishing, the fish don't care if you have pseudo blah blah or craft fur or rabbit fibers or arctic fox.. Maybe you should put a recipe label on the fly for them to read and from that they can decide if they want to eat it or not.

My wife doesn't know it but I've been snipping little test materials off her Christmas decorations for years. Last year I got enough tinsel to tie my whole seasons midge bodies ( not that it takes much for midges anyway).. This year I've really been eyeballing the white hair on these large nutcracker solders she has. She's leaving them out Far too long, they're gonna a get a trim ! It's really fine wispy stuff, finer than the best of the best bucktail.

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm going with polar fibre, cheap and I know a place where I can get it fast. I'll post the results sooner or later: )