Fly Tying
Bryon Anderson

The Down Home Pride Swap

Just a heads-up for everyone, I have not yet heard back from Mandog, whom we all voted to let into the swap as participant #14. For those of you who have yet to send in your flies, I would ask that you still go ahead and tie 13, just in case Mandog responds late with his "I'm in". If he doesn't end up joining the fun, everyone will get one of their own flies back.

Just a heads-up for everyone, I have not yet heard back from Mandog, whom we all voted to let into the swap as participant #14. For those of you who have yet to send in your flies, I would ask that you still go ahead and tie 13, just in case Mandog responds late with his "I'm in". If he doesn't end up joining the fun, everyone will get one of their own flies back.

I too tried to alert him he had a spot via PM, has not read message. I am sending two sets, so if others already mailed stuff we are still good to go. I think I found a Nebraska fly for set number two. It has been FUN researching history of fly tying there. Still need to make some calls to clarify history of a Nebraska original, because I am trying to adhere to rules, even for a Bonus. Worth it, made new friends, hope some will join the forum soon.

My dad knew the 2 Cabelas' boys from Chappell, NE. Reportedly, they got statrted by tying flies in a backyard shed and selling 12 for a dollar, +1; no original patterns were identified, looks like they did the tried and true patterns of the day. The rest is outdoor and business History, brought to you from Sidney, Nebraska. American success story of the highest order...

RogueFlies -- PM sent with mailing address. I will keep an eye out for them and post here when they arrive.

FRN -- Dostal's Phantom Roo looks like a legit Nebraska pattern to me--hats off to you for tying a second set! Can't wait to see them and the North Platte River Redheads.