Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mvalbano

Rusty Spinner Tying Tutorial

Hi Everyone,

In this weeks video I'm tying on of my favorite rusty spinner patterns. If you like the video please hit the like button and hit subsicribe I'm going to have a new video coming out every week. Also, if you have anything you want to see from flies to materials/tools and set up let me know.

https://youtu.be/x0QtUqNz7Eo

Thanks,

Mike

Designed 2 Deceive

I like the video - couple observations:

almost 17 min to tie a rusty spinner - perhaps speed up some of the thread wraps or dubbing?

I like seeing the material list within the video (I know it is listed in the description)

When wrapping the wing material on your far side of the hook, you block the camera with your hand

I like the fly a lot - well done.

Thanks for the observation. I promise to make improvemts to the video. While I have been tying for a long time I'm a newbie at video editing. I'm probably going to just tie the fly going forward and explain the steps via voice over. This way I can fast forward the wraps and such toncut down on video time.

That's just one man's opinion - as you'll see I already subscribed, so clearly none of it detracted from me enjoying the video - I also like the CDC and elk pattern you posted as well