Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

Butte Ugly Swap-Register here-Open Feb 16

This beauty contest? You wanting photos of our ugly mugs? How about one of my better side?

Well...the water's beautiful anyway.

post-44758-0-65182200-1491424275_thumb.jpg

We are closing in on the deadline so how are we doing? The list hasn't been updated recently and I see quite a few entries haven't been received as of the last update. Just curious.

In the past two weeks I have come across several set backs in getting my flies done, and was wondering if I could get another week to complete them in? I had planned on finishing them today, but instead have spent the last 4 hours trying to get my business software working correctly so I can continue to operate in a productive manner. I am in my busy season so it is extremely important that I get this fixed. I understand if you are set on the deadline but computer glitches in the past 2 weeks have been killing me.

Thanks

Blane

Personally, I can wait but this means expectations for your fly will be high. Making a living on a computer for the last 22 years I worked was at times frustrating but fortunately for me we had IT to call for problems outside of our programs. Would was the most frustrating was the constant advancing of new programs. Get proficient in one CADD system and the next comes along, and the words many of on the operations side of the game came to hate was "USER FRIENDLY".

This has to do with Quickbooks and my banks inability to be compatible with it, and neither wanting to take responsibility for fixing the miscommunication between them, leaving me with no way to do billing and collection of payments. So I have too much money billed out and have had to do much extra work, when I can get it to cover payroll, and spending 5 hours on the phone today with customer support trying to fix the problem was a total waste of time, we got absolutely nowhere with the problem. This is only the third time I have spent hours on the phone with either the bank or Quickbooks customer support in the past two weeks, adding up to about 12 hours of wasted time, not to mention the time I spent trying to figure it out myself. Updates and upgrades SUCK!!!!! They never seem to work like they're supposed to and then we get to spend hours trying to fix the problem that wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.

Blane

I too am in a bit of a pickle. I decided to rip the fingernail half way off my index finger. I attempted top tie up some flies today with little success.

I decided to rip the fingernail half way off my index finger.

Just for future reference ... this is what's considered a "BAD" decision.

I decided to rip the fingernail half way off my index finger.

Just for future reference ... this is what's considered a "BAD" decision.

LOL

So 8 weeks isn't enough to tie 13 flies? How about 8 months?

People would still wait to the last minute to start on them.

There was a placard over the City Desk at the lumber Yard where I did business which read..."Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

I don't mean to be insensitive but I agree with Saltybum on this. 8 weeks should be plenty of time if you don't wait til the last minute.

KayakDriver.jpg%5B/url]

On the lookout for a just a few and need Decisions to update on PM for recipe for Dome Zzz. Will try to put up pics of recent arrivals since last photo esssay.

IMG_2281.JPG

All flies reported prior to 18 April 2017 midnight deadline

Enrolled:

SM -Chellinator, Flame Orange Variant

1. Decisions tying a Dome Azz.

2. Co- host vicrider Butte Ugly Sunfish Poo and something with Wire /RECEIVED/

3. vicente Butte Ugly Olive Buggers /RECEIVED/

4. Joker One - Check in please

5. nsillej - tying Magnum Prince -Shipped

Good thoughts and healing energy directed to:

6. Woodenlegs

7. foambug /RECEIVED/

8. carpflyguy- Shipped

9. GP flyfisherman- Butte Ugly Prince nymph, Beadless variant /RECEIVED/

10. Saltybum - Proven Butte Ugly, Brown Salt /RECEIVED/ awesome wild card, SM Carried Off

11. mybadhabit-Shipped

12. ShoeBop, B.U. Magnus. /RECEIVED/

13. Breambuster- Butte Ugly Special K { RECEIVED}

SM to provide:

Bonus 1. Chell's Panfish Attractor, BT Rendition, tied by Al and Gretchen Beatty

Bonus 2. Salt Mystery Streamer, Atlantic Side Edition, tied by Pete GrayPostmark DEADLINE is APRIL 18, 2017[/b

Summary of Rules:

1. The usual rules on tagging submittals and pre-paid postage for returns will apply, INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS will be welcome based on postal costs and arrangements;

2. OPTIONAL--- 2 wild cards flies may be submitted which will be sent to another swapper as designated by the flytyer or by default in discretion of swap hosts;

Beauty contest conducted by photos (ie, mug shots) of the swappers UNDERWAYBest insult contest [/b]directed at the flies submitted, and voted by a plurality of FTF members when all swappers have sent off their creations.

Updated in transit listing on 4/18/17.1045attachicon.gifjpg

-saving for fly pictures-

Carry On...