Fly Tying
KHoss

Synthetic Quill Emerger

Here is a Quill Emerger using a Synthetic Quill

The video shows the far right pattern, but you can easily take out some materials for the different stages shown
_DSC0325-2_zps244xlawq.jpg

Great looking fly and that synthetic quill looks amazing I can never find any natural quills of good size in the natural, but after seeing your vid. I'm going to try the synthetic quills thanks again.

KHoss, how many synthetic quills are in a pack, the only ones I found on e-bay were $3.00 a pack plus about $10.00 shipping from Poland, that's out of my price range till some of the shops start selling them in the US

Joe, the video shows Hemingway (not Hareline) quills. Performance in PA has them listed for $6/pack (which I believe is a qty of 21 quills).

Bugsy,

You are correct. My mistake. I'm not sure of the difference since they are both synthetic but the Hemingway colors (at least in the video) look better. The times I've used the Hareline ones I've tapered the ends with scissors. The Hemingway quills also look thinner.

Joe