Fly Tying
vicente

Bugger swap

Ok Ok I give lol I don't tye many buggers and looking at these I can tell. I have some questions so I can copy these. First Decisions WHAT did you do to the head of yours? How did you do it? Next, djh262 did the beads get twisted on mine or is it correct? What's your thinking with this one? Vicente info on your hook and bead please. Flat Rock Native can I get the tying info? It looks like something I need for steelhead. I think I have the rest figured out.

Kevin

20170411_120101.jpg

20170411_120128.jpg

20170411_120244_1.jpg

Yes, called a balanced bead head. The pin is any pin that will not allow the bead to fall off. In this case, it is a pin from craft work earing. I have also used brass brad nails in 22 gauge as well as seamstress pins cut down to length.

Hope this answers your questions.

Ok Ok I give lol I don't tye many buggers and looking at these I can tell. I have some questions so I can copy these. First Decisions WHAT did you do to the head of yours? How did you do it? Next, djh262 did the beads get twisted on mine or is it correct? What's your thinking with this one? Vicente info on your hook and bead please. Flat Rock Native can I get the tying info? It looks like something I need for steelhead. I think I have the rest figured out.

Kevin

The beads probably got twisted on yours. They're supposed to be on the sides of the hook. I may have forgotten head cement on a couple of them.

Kevin

The beads probably got twisted on yours. They're supposed to be on the sides of the hook. I may have forgotten head cement on a couple of them.

ok they are in line with the hook point.

Kevin

Got mine. Awesome set of flies. Never thrown anything articulated before and know of a couple farm ponds where they should be killer

Yeah man. They all look good. The two hooked rig look scary, but I'm sure ut will get eaten too.