Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

10ft 5wt custom rod

Everyone has different tastes. Personally I think that metallic ice blue is one of the prettiest blues out there. It's got a nice subtle look to it that's not to in your face like some of the real bright blues that come in metallic. Would defiantly have no problem using it on one of my own personal rods.

Folks, it sold me. This Blue! Just need to remind myself: bring one of my other 5's if I ever have the honor and priveledge of fishing with Chill, it might get "lost."
Is this one yours? What a beauty, might have to add me to the growing list of people who might "lose it".

Yes and No, Steel, built another one after mine; I will be on alert, Dude!

Everyone has different tastes. Personally I think that metallic ice blue is one of the prettiest blues out there. It's got a nice subtle look to it that's not to in your face like some of the real bright blues that come in metallic. Would defiantly have no problem using it on one of my own personal rods.

Folks, it sold me. This Blue! Just need to remind myself: bring one of my other 5's if I ever have the honor and priveledge of fishing with Chill, it might get "lost."
Is this one yours? What a beauty, might have to add me to the growing list of people who might "lose it", Ken it was damdest thing, I swear, right when your back was turned this thieving deer came up and grabbed your rod, durn thing got away clean too.
Dem Frickin Deer, never turn your back on em; here the eat my trophy bride's flowers, check into Occidental Hotel through front door check out through plate glass front Windows- Now I cheer the Wolverines, Wolves and Lions here and about!

Yea they are a pain, I wish we could get doe tags here so I could thin out the herd that lives in my front yard.

Make great jerky, food of the gods.....

Is this one yours? What a beauty, might have to add me to the growing list of people who might "lose it".

Well regardless of color preference of a few wraps you know, we all know, you got a good rod from Steve !

Well regardless of color preference of a few wraps you know, we all know, you got a good rod from Steve !

Will take performance over cosmetic everyday; With Steel you get both!

That's a beautiful rod. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit you up for a custom build.

He is working on one for me right now, and I haven't seen the finished product yet, but I will tell you that he has been really helpful and patient with me and my annoyingly picky needs. LOL

That's a beautiful rod. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit you up for a custom build.

I highly recommend it, I love the one he did for me and his prices are very fair. Except for the odd deal to good not to jump on I will probably buy my rods from Steve or build them my self from here on out.

He is working on one for me right now, and I haven't seen the finished product yet, but I will tell you that he has been really helpful and patient with me and my annoyingly picky needs. LOL

Naw not annoying at all bud. You would have to go much further to ever beat the most head bang against a wall customer I have ever had. Last year I had well over 100 plus emails with one customer about a build, and that was before I even laid a single finger on anything to work on with the rod. So I think that guy took the cake for annoying lol. And nope it was not anyone here wink.png

Naw not annoying at all bud. You would have to go much further to ever beat the most head bang against a wall customer I have ever had. Last year I had well over 100 plus emails with one customer about a build, and that was before I even laid a single finger on anything to work on with the rod. So I think that guy took the cake for annoying lol. And nope it was not anyone here wink.png

Those are the clients I hope I'm working for hourly, nothing worse then giving a lower bid and planning to bang a job out and having to spend more time talking to the client then working.

Truth be told I finally had my fill of the guy and gave him his deposit back and declined the build. After 100+ emails with him he sent me one email where he had saw some reel seat that I had used on a build 3 yrs prior and was acting like I was not telling him about everything that is available. And that was after sending him picture after picture as well as link after link to rod building websites so he could see all the stuff that was out there to pick from. I guess he thought I was supposed to personally send him pictures and a description of all 1000 types of seats & woods that are out there. I bent over backwards for him but that last email was just the last straw for me. No money is worth dealing with that sort of thing so I refunded his deposit and told him to seek a builder elsewhere. Was only one of two customers that I have had to "blacklist" in 15 yrs of doing this.

You did well,Steve, because that kind of guy is the type that after all that effort put in still would find something to pick apart. You can't satisfy them, they are Wicked Oppressors. Been there done that in the automotive refinishing trade/business. Lesson learned. Like you, in about 20 years of doing that stuff I only had two and one was a real beauty who wanted sparkle out of non metallic battle ship gray lacquer. Even explaining going in you can get shine but you can't get sparkle from opaque mid toned gray without some pearl or some metallic.. You're not getting bling from battle ship gray. I never should have taken the job, he was never going to be happy, I don't care if Ed Roth ( famous custom car builder now passed on) painted his car.