Fly Tying
breambuster

Guide's Choice Fly Swap With A Twist

Breambuster:

Finished and shipped my Sulphur Middle Man's today. ETA is Friday.

Are you a Gamecock fan? They are fun to watch and have a legitimate chance to win it all.

Joe

Good deal, Joe. I'll let you know when they arrive. USC (the Other USC) isn't my favorite team. I'm a Clemson Tigers fan. MAJOR rivalry in SC. But since Clemson is a better football team than basketball, I would be happy for USC if they won. More so than anyone else in the tournament. But I'm really not a basketball fan so I usually find something else to watch. I'll probaby start paying attention when we get down to the final four. I guess it would be a good source of noise while I'm tying flies?

Take care

BB

Good deal, Joe. I'll let you know when they arrive. USC (the Other USC) isn't my favorite team. I'm a Clemson Tigers fan. MAJOR rivalry in SC. But since Clemson is a better football team than basketball, I would be happy for USC if they won. More so than anyone else in the tournament. But I'm really not a basketball fan so I usually find something else to watch. I'll probaby start paying attention when we get down to the final four. I guess it would be a good source of noise while I'm tying flies?

Take care

BB

"

Jpm5107's flies arrived today. Mr Murray's Rapidan, and all I can say is that this is, I think, the first time I've ever swapped with him, but i SURE DO HOPE he will be in a lot of my swaps in the future! VERY nicely tied set of flies. You guys are going to like these. Thanks, Jpm for signing up for the swap and for your great set of flies!

Take care

BB

Thanks ! It was fun tying the Rapidan. I never worked with calf tail before so I'm glad I had a chance to tie with it. It definitely isn't easy to work with!

We received an awesome set of Sulfur Middle Man emergers from Joeh yesterday. This is another outstanding set of flies. Just wait until you guys get this set! I'm telling you that you are going to love having every one of these flies in your box. And you're going to be on fire to learn to tie them as well as the contributors have done. Every set, so far, as been awesome and Joeh's set is right up there with the best. Thanks, Joe. I'm glad you signed up. You have done yourself proud and sent up a beautiful set of flies! And, guys, he's sent a materials list with each fly. I checked; he used light dun z-lon for the trailing shuck and the loop wing instead of "darlon" (whatever that is) and it really works! It really looks nice.

Take care

BB

Hi Breambuster

I am relieved the emergers worked. The Middle Man is not a pattern I am familiar with. It was fun thinking about Sulphurs and how it should look. Hopefully they do the pattern justice.

You put on a great swap. It was fun and I look forward to seeing the others work. The extra fly is yours.

I will be in Vegas this afternoon rooting on the Gamecocks. If they win it all South Carolina with have the NCAA champs in Football and Basketball. What is going on down there? Very impresive!!

Joe

Actually, Joe, you need to go back a little further. Coastal Carolina, a college in Conway, SC, (near Myrtle Beach) won the College World Series in baseball last Summer. So if the Gamecocks should win the basketball championship, that would be three national championship teams in a row from our small, often overlooked state of South Carolina. We are a lot smaller than North Carolina. I live right on the SC/NC border and all of our local TV channels come from NC. They talk about us like we are a "red-headed step child." I'm hoping that I don't jinx the Gamecocks by rooting for them, but it would be awesome for our state to win 3 in a row.

Breambuster

Thanks for the info. I remember Coastal Carolina winning the College Workd Series but did not connect the dots. Absolutely amazing year for South Carolina.

You're right, Joe, They had an amazing run. I hate it that they came up just a bit short. It would have been fun watching the 2 "Carolinas" play in the final game.

BB

The first post of the thread has been updated to indicate which flies have been received. Just a reminder that the due date is only 3 weeks away. Let me know when you are ready to mail your set and I will PM you my addy.

Take care

BB

Fly's are ready to go need an address asap would like to get them out today as I have a busy week of work coming up and would like to get them in on time if someone can pm me the address.