Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Timber!

That was some wind storm here in Michigan! DTE (power company) says it was a hundred year storm! They brought in storm crews from 5 states just to help clear trees and restore service to customers. There are still people without power now and I just got my power restored yesterday evening. Trees and limbs are down everywhere you go.

Yeah they said it was the 2nd most people without power in the state history. Around 800,000 total without power across the state. They said 90% of people will be restored by Sunday. Still, 4 days without power would suuuuuck. I am amazed we did not lose power here because we are on the oldest/worst power grid around. We usually lose power at the drop of a hat. Lucked out this time though thankfully.

Yeah they said it was the 2nd most people without power in the state history. Around 800,000 total without power across the state. They said 90% of people will be restored by Sunday. Still, 4 days without power would suuuuuck. I am amazed we did not lose power here because we are on the oldest/worst power grid around. We usually lose power at the drop of a hat. Lucked out this time though thankfully.

Steve, do you have a backup, generator system to protect your tanks? #fish.lives.matter

Yep I bought a 2000w generator about 3 years ago just for my tanks. It's not big enough to power the whole house but I can power my tanks plus a TV/couple lights/fan to sleep at night and other "necessities of life" lol

Michael

Nice but your canoes are awesome still remembering those beauties.

Steve

Sorry man. Like I told you in my email I have a jackass neighbor on the small farm next to mine that cut a tree down that landed on my fence. My son and I removed it last weekend. Luckily, I didn't have any cattle in that field right now. The funny part is that I forget to tell you is that he some sort of preacher from the Detroit area that has transplanted to Southern Kentucky. His place is a complete sh...hole. Junk everywhere. No pride. Maybe he is kin to your neighbor? No, I don't like him either.

Thanks Kudu,

I found a small difference between the canoes and the wine glasses, this wine glass I can make in an afternoon on a day off, the canoes take between 300 and 350 hours to get to the water.

Michael