Fly Tying
Peterjay

The Eyes Have It

Ive tried and tried to make mono shrimp eyes and just haven't found a technique I liked. It would save me a money too!!

Good posts here from PJ and Capt Bob. I should make a go at making eyes on some of my flies. I like the added step actually and "artists" touch.

Awesome stuff PJ, keep this up and people around here will begin to think you know what you're talking about. You'll ruin the reputation you've earned over on the saltwater board

Andy, I'm not worried about losing the sordid reputation I've been cultivating all these years. Sooner or later, these dudes are gonna find out that I actually buy this stuff from a couple of kids down at the local reformatory. Being an alumnus myself, I feel it's important to lend my support to budding criminals. These youngsters need all the coaching they can get if they're gonna be ready to take over when I finally retire from my nefarious activities.

Ben, I pretty much gave up on the mono eyes myself. I usually use plastic beads these days. They're less of a hassle, and it's easier to get two that actually match. If they're a bit oversized, the fish don't care, and I like the look anyway.

post-281-0-99623500-1489511821_thumb.jpg