Fly Tying
eide

Box of classic salmon patterns ready for the river

2017.03.11.classics-1024x768.jpg

Been busy with work lately so I haven't tied up much, but this winter I've finished up this side of the classic salmon box :)

Lovely. A real pleasure to see compared to my boxes of tubes and modern flies.

Thanks!

Beautiful ! Do you fish with these too ?

Yes, looks good *before* I go fishing, the box won't be this nice after the season is done!

Um ... is "river" your name for "framing"? Because THAT box looks ready for framing and hanging on the wall. That's art, right there !!!

Hi eide,

A very nice box of flies, though I have to write that I was a little disappointed that there isn't a row of Popham's along with those others wink.png If you're really going to fish these, it would be neat to see an after pic of the ones that you have left at the end of the season, arranged the same way, with a brief report on what patterns did better than others. You always see how they look straight from the vise, but hardly ever after they've caught a fish or two. Nice work !

Regards,

Mark

Dang, and you use these to fish!

He just Bangs out more, fish are very afraid, the tying world-at least a little envious.

Welcome to the forum

Well done! Save some for posterity.

I always save the first of each pattern, and then some as I improve.

Um ... is "river" your name for "framing"? Because THAT box looks ready for framing and hanging on the wall. That's art, right there !!!

That's the name ;)

Hi eide,

A very nice box of flies, though I have to write that I was a little disappointed that there isn't a row of Popham's along with those others wink.png If you're really going to fish these, it would be neat to see an after pic of the ones that you have left at the end of the season, arranged the same way, with a brief report on what patterns did better than others. You always see how they look straight from the vise, but hardly ever after they've caught a fish or two. Nice work !

Regards,

Mark

Popham's will come, just got some other (non-flyfishing/flyting related) stuff going on these days ;)

I'll make sure to post pics after use

Dang, and you use these to fish!

Absolutely, that's what they are for!

Beautiful work, Eide.

Thanks!

Absolutely beautiful flies and I also would be interested to see how they hold up to a fish or two. A before and after season photo might be fun. Probably a few missing and a story behind all of them...