Fly Tying
Dubs

The Complete Mayfly Swap

OK. No problem. I don't have the materials to tie a spinner in the fashion your suggesting so I'll have to withdraw from the swap. All good, no hard feelings and all that. Will give me a chance to focus on the 'gill swap.

Seriously though. No problem at all. and thanks for the compliment, I will practise what you suggest though so keep an eye out on the flies from the vice thread.

Oh cmon, you already have dubbing for a good looking body, surely you can find something to make wings out of. Rope fibers, some Ep style fibers, synthetic dubbing, I've used white bucktail on my own. See what you've got before I take you off the list.

If Dave walks because I made a post on what is a normal spinner then I'm walking too. Not really but I'd rather a classic softtail design than lose Dave.

Oh jeez swappers on strike...

By the way I'm open to the idea of a different style, I just haven't seen other styles described as spinner flies

Its All good. I should be able to come up with something. It may not strictly meet all of the criteria above, but i will try.

As i mentined earlier it is about technique for me.

Watch this space.

Ps. That means i have decided to stay.

Its All good. I should be able to come up with something. It may not strictly meet all of the criteria above, but i will try.

As i mentined earlier it is about technique for me.

Watch this space.

Ps. That means i have decided to stay.

l

Is this, or could it be a spinner?

******OFFICIAL MONITOR RULING*****

?IMG_2096.JPG

The wings are from a bugger sized grizzly saddle... I am a shitty tier but I did this on the 2nd try following Al Beatty's E-book and video... And, I am no longer allowed in more swaps in 2017.... Pottery Woman's orders,... and I will probably be banned from ftf soon for using shitty, in a post twice... Just do not wish to see vicrider or Dave bail on a swap, due to semantics of what a spinner is or is not...

No photo missing FRN.

So... it looks like these might do the trick. #14 natural brown and grey.

post-22241-0-76167500-1490091697_thumb.jpg

Better?

I apologise for the spam... spinners i have tied before may not have been mayfly imitations. If these are acceptable then i am half way through.

No photo missing FRN.

attachicon.gifpixlr_20170321201809517.jpg

Better?

I apologise for the spam... spinners i have tied before may not have been mayfly imitations. If these are acceptable then i am half way through.

Those look like great Spinners, Dave. You need to wait for Dubs, he may not be an insomniac like me:) ;)

No photo missing FRN.

pixlr_20170321201809517.jpg

Better?

Yes! Those! Tie those! Very nice flies call them whatever you want

Sweet. Half done. A but smaller than im used too..

I'll donate my rejects to you too dubs.

Send through your address mate, they'll be ready to send by weeks end.