Fly Tying
GLoy

Bluegill hunter swap

You need em in on time mate and well.... I'd rather you wait for the post than me. They should usually take about two weeks to get to you once I get them in the mail.

Colour scheme is different, but just a snippet of how these fish.

Tilapia caught this morning.

post-22241-0-35482500-1490413835_thumb.jpg

Are your tilapia the same fish as we have over here now in some year round warm waters? And do you eat them?

Yes. And no. They are to be removed from waters wherever they are found. Bit we are not allowed to eat them.

That seems funny. Over here in the real world they have gone from a cheap source of fairly decent eating fish to a gradually becoming more expensive fish.

You can buy the farmed stuff in some asian shops.... they are trying not to encourage release of the fish. But honestly most people don't even target them (except for some south east asians, and a few south africans).

If i had the choice i probably wouldnt eat them if from the places i catch most.

We are spoilt for choice regarding table fish here, so tilapia is very low down on the list.

Received the first set today. Floyd these look great can't wait to try it. I need to learn that weave it makes a neat looking body. Very nicely done.

Took mine to the post office just now. I almost feel guilty, this fly is such a simple tie.... almost. I have caught all kinds of gills, keeper largemouth bass, crappie and even a 20" channel cat on this fly.

That's what we are after mine is simple also, But it fills the freezer.

Thanks Rick, ColonelMel received yours, nice fly im sure they will catch fish. I think the crappie may like that also. Thanks. Gary