Fly Tying
dawgvet

Best hackle for nymph collars?

This guy from Intheriffle likes hen for the Prince collar, he says you can use hen, speckled hen or India neck: https://youtu.be/rHhgtgrYm2A

If you don't like the Wapsi skins, look for some other hen skins, the Wapsi is obviously from smaller birds and the feathers are quite fine in nature, which is what I like about them actually. Maybe get yourself a partridge skin along the way too.. I was at Bears Den a few weeks ago now and he had a beautiful partridge skin there, $35 or $39 as I recall. I controlled myself and stuck with just what I went there to buy LOL ! For the record, Wapsi skins are pretty cheap by comparison but indeed are not partridge..

Another vote for hungarian partridge. Great stuff. Ruffed grouse can be good also. You can use so many feathers for legs that will perform just fine that I wouldn't go out and buy anything special.

Any mottled looking brownish feather... if a dry fly feather just take the fibers from down toward the base and if a saddle there's a ton of fibers just above the marabou like feathers that would work well.

you gotta find some friends who hunt.or raises chickens.pheasant has some useful feathers for leg/hackles.so does all the aforementioned birds.