Fly Tying

Oh, that price is wholesale. If you wont one, there's a 100% mark up.

MSRP is $2600.00.

But if you send me $1000.00 ... I'll see what I can do.

P.S. On this, there's very little I can do!

Mike how did you go from an under 20.00 dollar post to 1300.00 ?

? I guess I just have a gift ...

I apologize to Hannah118 for hijacking the post, but I searched Mike's super nippers and found one used for $3,900.00 who would spend that for a pocket knife that won't fit into a pocket. Mike you'll need a large ALICE or CFP90 for that one. My last comment, sorry again I just could not believe it.

http://www.mrfc.com/search/anglers+image/

Anglers Image nipper - $14.95 from Yellowstone Angler - I am not affiliated or represent any entity selling these nippers.

What I liked about these nippers - they had a retractable needle/bodkin. Had a pair years ago and need to order me a new pair.

BCT

Anglers Image nippers! Yes, yes, yes! Excellent nippers and easy to sharpen, and I love the retractable needle. I use it a lot. Works much better than the needles that are protected by the "ears". I've had mine for over 20 years.

My relatives bought me one of the Abel $85 nippers. I don't use them. Cut very good, but I need that retractable needle. The Abel needle is inside the jaws and not handy at all.

I've owned darn near every nipper ever made and keep going back to the Sports-Tools. I like it even better than my Abel....plus you can buy three Sports-Tools to one Abel as they are $17 bucks....
They are wonderful nippers that hold a sharp edge for many years and can be easily re-sharpened with a fine diamond stone sharpener. I have one on every vest and a spare or two. I like the one with the needle point and hook sharpener. Very handy. You can still get them directly from Sports Tools and Blue Ribbon flies has them to. The Angler's Image nippers are good too and I have a pair of those but still like the feel of the Sports-Tools.
They are that good. They are made by Xuron a fine tool maker in the USA.
Blue Ribbon has them. Scroll down the page:

http://www.blue-ribbon-flies.com/shop/category/streamside_accessories/foreceps_nippers_and_zingers/P25

I got this ...

attachicon.gifscissors.jpg

from Cabela's for $9.00 (the ones without the light).

So far, I really like them.

These are what I've used for the past couple of years and I am really happy with them, even when cutting braided fishing line for my conventional fishing gear (although I'm using that stuff less and less nowadays).

I am looking to get a new pair of nippers (the $7 pair I have now do not work well) and was wondering what brands or type was best? I am hoping to avoid paying more than $50. I would love something that will last a few years.

Thanks

Hannah,

FYI

Attached are pictures of nippers from C and F, that I have used for 8-10 years with one blade change. Similar models still available at Feather-craft. These working well currently and I would buy same again. Cost around 20 bucks... and welcome to the forum...Lanyard.FRnativeDSC02177.jpgNippers.C&F.FRnativeDSC02181.jpg

FYI

Attached are pictures of nippers from C and F, that I have used for 8-10 years with one blade change. Similar models still available at Feather-craft. These working well currently and I would buy same again. Cost around 20 bucks... and welcome to the forum...attachicon.gifLanyard.FRnativeDSC02177.jpgattachicon.gifNippers.C&F.FRnativeDSC02181.jpg

Flatrock - Hey it looks like those C&F nippers also solve the big problem with my second favorite tool! Do they have a C&F threader built in?

Wowsa, I love those threaders, but I haven't found a good way to make them accessible and protected. Do you like the built in threader and needle?

IMG_7285.jpg

FYI

Attached are pictures of nippers from C and F, that I have used for 8-10 years with one blade change. Similar models still available at Feather-craft. These working well currently and I would buy same again. Cost around 20 bucks... and welcome to the forum...attachicon.gifLanyard.FRnativeDSC02177.jpgattachicon.gifNippers.C&F.FRnativeDSC02181.jpg

Flatrock - Hey it looks like those C&F nippers also solve the big problem with my second favorite tool! Do they have a C&F threader built in?

Wowsa, I love those threaders, but I haven't found a good way to make them accessible and protected. Do you like the built in threader and needle?

IMG_7285.jpg

Yes!

FYI

IMG_7285.jpg

Yes!

Yes!?

Is that all you can come up with in eight months? :D :D :D

FYI

IMG_7285.jpg

Yes!

Yes!?

Is that all you can come up with in eight months? :D :D :D

I was in denial about the state of my eyesight for that long. But new RX from Dr. Opto has me :)