Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Saltybum

Fly caught salty fish pictures

As I always say to the younger guys at the Kingdom Hall who question my pink dress shirts "Two things...first it takes a man to wear pink...Second! ... "The ladies like it!".

Fish seem to like it too!

It wasn't the pink shirts they're wondering about, Salty ... It was the pink tutus!

And what the hell is wrong with pink tutus? They're fashionable, they keep my nether regions cool during my daily 50-yard walk, and as you can see, the chicks really dig 'em. This photo of yours truly arrived in the mail. Enclosed was a note demanding $10,000, or the correspondent would release the picture to the local Eyewitness News. Of COURSE I paid. If my wife ever found out I left the house without wearing a brassiere, there'd be hell to pay.

post-281-0-49000500-1493645140_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of a nice small snook that ate a maribou muddler, size 1/0.... this past spring up inside Whitewater Bay out of Flamingo.

post-30940-0-48104600-1494840561_thumb.jpg

Hey PJ, you look great in the tutu, did you lose weight? Looks like you've been working out👍

Thanks Andy. I was beginning to wonder if anybody'd noticed. My new svelte physique has done wonders for my golf game. Now that I can actually see the ball, my handicap has gone from 36 to an astonishing 35.9. It's truly amazing what a couple days a month of walking out to get the mail can accomplish. Now if I can just keep it up, I'll be down to a 62-inch waist in no time.

After last years algae bloom big trout have been extremely scarce but recently getting a lot of small ones like this and up to 12-15" max.

Hopefully they'll get a chance to grow before getting killed again.

post-44758-0-59959100-1496328385_thumb.jpg

Salty, I did pretty well on nice trout in the Sebastian area a few months back. You may want to try down that way until things recover up by you. The snook have been solid down there too. I think the inlet may help some with keeping the algae blooms from being too devastating since much of it can flow out on the ongoing. Although there was a pretty bad grass die off around the inlet a few years back, the grass is coming back nicely now.

After last years algae bloom big trout have been extremely scarce but recently getting a lot of small ones like this and up to 12-15" max.

Hopefully they'll get a chance to grow before getting killed again.

Holy Moly, Salty. With sizes like that, you can just pretend your catching brookies and other fresh water trout!

Mike

That's why I built that 9' 3wt a few months back, just for these non-rainbows.

agn54

I've been planning to make a short road trip but always seem get distracted and not go. One local capt. I know told me that he had to start doing his charters around Grant because the Banana is so dead. The water is clean and pretty but I don't even see blow fish, catfish and rarely a sting ray anymore. Loads of mullet around the 528 area. Hopefully the predators will follow...or get to grow up.

Just call them native sea trout and crow about their beautiful color and how you don't fish for pellethead sea trout.

Well the dink gator wananabee trout are still around. Kept hoping something bigger might be around to feed on them. Not.

However after finally getting a bunch of rain the ditches and marsh canals have some decent water in them and the juvi tarpon are here. Saw one roll right in front of me 18 feet away that rolled my eyes...looked to be 30-40lbs. Jumped several smallies and finally got one.