Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SilverCreek

Need a Laugh?

Better watch the jokes about muffler bearings...There is such a thing (or was). The company didn't want to pay the royalties on the spacers names that were being made, so they called theirs bearings.

I remember my ex's complete confusion when i showed her a sand snipe. Apparently her brothers would send her out to hunt for them at night. They are almost impossible to hit with a 12gauge so the net should have been her biggest clue. Yes she was blond.

Just be aware, all you Northerners. With the warmer temperatures, you should get your tires filled with the "Summer Air".

It expands less in high road temps, keeping your tire pressures more consistent for better handling.

We actually have a thriving economy from people putting Nitrogen in their tires...All i can do is shake my head and sigh.

We actually have a thriving economy from people putting Nitrogen in their tires...All i can do is shake my head and sigh.

Yep. Never mind that the atmosphere is 78% nitrogen.

Haha when I first started doing live event audio, we had a guy who wasn't real bright, we sent him to find male to male edison (power) turnarounds, not once but twice.

We always get freshman in the highschools ag shop by asking them to bring a left handed hammer, then replying "no thats a right handed one" to each they bring. Never fails.

When I worked in road construction, the prank was to send the newbies to the foreman's truck for an asphalt or concrete stretcher at the end of the day, just to get that last bit of pavement completed without ordering another truck load of material. It's surprising how many times they couldn't locate it.

Few years back I had started a sales job in Rhode Island. Came in one morning (April 1st) and was handed a lead from a customer I had spoken with a few days prior. Just imagine how funny I found it when Roger William's Park and Zoo answered the phone and I asked for "Ellie Fant".

The very polite man on the other end said "I think someone has got you good this time."

I had to agree with him and bid him a good day. I'm still laughing about it.

Michael

Sounds about right on par with the kind of things I hear coming out of kids mouths where I teach.

(Kid trying to do a magic trick)

-Pick a card.

-13 of clubs.

(Talking about recycling paper)

-How do they turn paper back into trees?

(Student talking about her birthday on 4/20...the current sate was 4/3)

Student: My birthday is in 18 days.

Me: It's 17 days.

Student: Whatever, I think I know when my birthday is!

Rousing this thread from the dead, although this might not be as funny as some of the quips above.

Our County has stopped collecting recycling. We are now putting our recyclable materials in the trash. Their reasoning is that it's no longer profitable to recycle.

And here I was, thinking they were recycling to help save the planet and reduce mass in the landfills.