Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Poopdeck

Mop fly

I was looking in Pep Boys for some different colors and found them with the standard size colors that I already had. One was gray and the other an off white. The off white takes permanent markers really well so I was able to do some different colors with it. Got the rain gear packed weather doesn't look that great, but as long as there's no thunder or lightning we'll fish.

Thanks for the info Philly.

Some of my best fishing has been in the rain.

Again good luck.

Today a finally strapped up the knee brace nice and tight and took a wade with my mop flies. My knee didn't think this was a good idea so after a little compromising I parked and walked into the middle of the creek. The count was 3 dinker SMB, a bazillion Rockies and a kazillion sunnies. I sure wish I could of got down to the good bass water but the leg was not up to it just yet. Can't wait to get the boat out on the river to see how they do in a proper SMB environment. So far so good.

Petsmart is closing out bunny dog toys that have these "mop" projections that are smaller and a better size for panfish flies. They had red and blue at my store for $2.47 each.

post-27478-0-28747400-1495409889_thumb.jpg

Awesome and great ideals guys! Purty much just get to tying, something will eat it! Seems like it is going

To be about as versatile as all the Wooly buggers!

They still work. Got my first trout of the season.

post-309-0-97820000-1556334748_thumb.jpg

on one of these

post-309-0-59207900-1556334807_thumb.jpg