Fly Tying
RogueFlies

Regal Tube Fly Adapter

Does anyone know if Regal still makes the tube fly adapter for their vise? Also, does anyone here have experience with it?

I've tied on various setups over the years, and I also like ones like the stockard version (I have an HMH). They're nice because you can use any type of tube you want from metal, to plastic, to plastic Q tip shafts. I've never been a fan of junction tubing, though, so I really like the ProTube system because the junction tubing is built into the tube and the adaptor is so easy to use. They're tubes are pricy, but they offer a multitude of products for tube tying.

I have the HMH also but discovered that using the small size rigid tubes is mostly all I need. Well those small tubes ( not the Micro but the 3/32 od) fit one of the Pro Tube system sizes of cones and disks. I also discovered that the 3/32 od HMH tubing fits a standard upholstery T pin well ( used for attaching slip covers, it's a frugal choice perhaps), though the tool is a little more solid in the vise.

I think the best deal out there these days is the JStockard tool, if I had nothing right now I would order that and save myself about $18...

Pro Tube at a glance confuses me with all their various tube types but I like their cones and disks. I guess if I studied the system it would be easy enough to nail down but not paying a ton of attention with owning the HMH. I'd have to guess that some of their tubes will fit the HMH needles ?

I'm sure Regal could tell you when stock is expected.

FWIW, the Regal tube fly attachment is made by Jay Smit (Jvice). You can find it shown here on the Jvice accessories page. The difference is that the attachment offered through Regal has an additional adapter.

I use the Pro Sportfisher tube system with their Flexineedle.

I can't wrap my head around how the Regal tube fly adapter works with a Regal vise. How does it attach to the vise?

Aha! I wondered if that might be the case. Thanks.

"You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world"

Hey all sorry I've been absent on this thread, busy weekend. From the sound of the masses, I think I'll just pick up a stockard or HMH one. I figured the regal one would be nice to go with my revolution, but sounds like the others are more versatile. Thank you guys for the help and your time.