Fly Tying

I used the same black camelback almost every day for a couple years and it never had a rubber hose taste. On thing with hydration packs is they have to be cleaned periodically just like anything else you hold beverages in. If it taste funky, like a rubber hose, it probably needs to be cleaned. They sell little cleaner pills that you drop in, shake, dump and rinse. Quite simple to keep them clean. My camelback had an insulated hose so the water did not get all that hot. I have seen the cheaper packs where the hose is an exposed piece of clear plastic tubing. I imagine they would get hot.

On really hot days I would fill it with ice then top off with water. That thing would condensate the coldest water down my back. The hotter the day the more it would condensate. Of course the back of your shirt would be wet but it felt a lot better then it being soaking wet from sweat.

Ahh, yeah see I think there is no flavor at all with the camel pack bladders... I always forget to drink water while fishing, so this would be a good thing to have. Maybe put vadca in it? Haha. J/k...

I tried the vest rod holder while changing flies on the stream,but I didn't think it was worth the effort. I did use it today,while hiking to the stream,and I really like that feature! I never really thought about using it like that,thanks for the tip. It was kinda strange using the rod holder though , my subconscious kept thinking I was leaving something in the car. tongue.png

I got on some good sized grass carp on my 7wt today McFly... I can't imagine a carp on a 5wt! I could hardly handle them on the 7. They both bulldogged me right into brush and pulled the hook!

I got on some good sized grass carp on my 7wt today McFly... I can't imagine a carp on a 5wt! I could hardly handle them on the 7. They both bulldogged me right into brush and pulled the hook!

Yeah, it was crazy for sure...