Fly Tying
eide

Green Highlander Brooch

2017.05.23.GH_fly_brooche-797x1024.jpg

An order for Green Highlander on a brooch for groom and groomsmen!

Excellent consistency in a pattern that is fairly difficult!Teal and barred wood duck married together very nicely as well!They look fairly small.What size are theyou in?

MAN!!! I never get anything cool like that at weddings I've been in. Last wedding I was in I got a neck tie with matching hanky. Really? A matching hanky. They SOOOOOO don't understand me. I just hope the recipients appreciate the time taken to make those beauties. Nice job Eide!

Excellent consistency in a pattern that is fairly difficult!Teal and barred wood duck married together very nicely as well!They look fairly small.What size are theyou in?

Thanks! They are about 1/0

And the pin makes this a #$% to deal with....

MAN!!! I never get anything cool like that at weddings I've been in. Last wedding I was in I got a neck tie with matching hanky. Really? A matching hanky. They SOOOOOO don't understand me. I just hope the recipients appreciate the time taken to make those beauties. Nice job Eide!

Hope so too! Looking forward to see the set all lined up :D

Thanks! They are about 1/0

And the pin makes this a #$% to deal with....

Hope so too! Looking forward to see the set all lined up :D
Wow!Dang good looking for 1/0!My first attempt on a brooch pin was about 8 years ago and it was a pittiful at a Silver Doctor.The backing is a serious pain on them!

Those are some nice brooches.

On a side note, Does anyone on here sell flies tied on brooches?

I've always wanted a nice brooch fly for special occasions however, I lack the tying skill required for such an endeavour. I'm still learning the tail and body techniques on classics.. have yet to even try married wings..

Those are some nice brooches.

On a side note, Does anyone on here sell flies tied on brooches?

I've always wanted a nice brooch fly for special occasions however, I lack the tying skill required for such an endeavour. I'm still learning the tail and body techniques on classics.. have yet to even try married wings..

Send me a pm. with what you are after, I might be able to help you out there

This set was a order for a wedding.

Where do you get those hooks, or is that something you fabricate yourself?