Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GPflyboy

Can't See

Got this Led light @ Sams for $40 this week.

Pivoting light has hi-low settings, tool holder trays, 4 outlets, and two USB ports.

post-47446-0-25536800-1498705988_thumb.jpg

I plan to mount the light to a 2x6 with a leg on each end.

This way I can move it around.

Phone pictures taken with brightest setting.

#14 Adams

post-47446-0-83113700-1498706260_thumb.jpg

#2/0 Smelt

post-47446-0-52095900-1498706312_thumb.jpg

I just posted my first fly (Wooly Bugger) and was ok ,But now tried to tye a prince nymph on a #14 and having trouble seeing detail .What is the best choice of seeing better . By the way i just started wearing reading glasses 1.5 power two years ago,get old stinks

I searched the 'net for high power reading glasses. go to www.readers.com They will have just what you need. I used to use a magnifying lamp but it's decidedly inferior to readers. Of course a nice bright lamp is key too

Me, too. I found the magnifying lights (the circular light and lens) destroyed my depth perception, making it kinda hard to tie. I use cheapo reading glasses for tying. My most powerful is 4.0, but I find I use 3.5 much more often. And, yes,a decent light really helps.

Question on the " L.E.D " lighting ? Does this create " ghosting or shadows ? , i currently have a nice " Ott " light , works nice

I'm looking to add an additional light to bench but I think sometimes I get like a Ghosting effect ? Anybody experience this or are my eyes so bad it's me? Ugh. I use cheater glasses 4.50 ,

Question on the " L.E.D " lighting ? Does this create " ghosting or shadows ? , i currently have a nice " Ott " light , works nice

I'm looking to add an additional light to bench but I think sometimes I get like a Ghosting effect ? Anybody experience this or are my eyes so bad it's me? Ugh. I use cheater glasses 4.50 ,

I haven't had any problem with ghosting. I use a couple cheap clamp desk lamps and upgraded to LED bulbs. Went with 5000k and 100W equivalent LEDs to get super bright. Having one on either side of the vice helped eliminate any shadow from my hand.

35359309793_d846a9b223_z.jpg

I did the same thing, replaced the 40w bulb with a 460 Lumen, 6w. bulb from Cree. There are no more shadows that there would be from a standard light bulb, and it's much brighter, with a lot less heat.

I do still like my Ott, and use it when I travel. The 13w. Tube does a great job, but is not as flexible as the desk lamp on a swing arm.