Fly Tying
feathers5

Fly Tyer's Dungeon

The Congo hair is great for baitfish patterns, as is the slightly thinner in diameter Water Silk. Plus, his fibers come in dozens of colors so there is no doubt you will find just what you are looking for. I also like tying buggers with the MS Bugger and Kraken dubbing blends in a dubbing loop. I have read online that his shipping times used to not be too quick, but I have ordered three times in the past few months and the products have shipped within 48 hours each time.

I order from the mad scientist here in Australia. FTD has been awesome to deal with so far.

I use the congo hair for baitfish, crustaceans, and also the odd post or wing on a #14 dry fly.

I also really like the kraken and sea dragon dubbings

Placed my first order today. Based on you guys, I went big and ordered the baitfish 2 pack for freshwater!!

Several years ago FTD struggled to keep up with the orders. But my recent experience (a year ago) was shipping was quick.

I've bought so much stuff from him I could be considered a dealer. And so much is just waiting to be used. At the his super prices it's very easy to order way more than you need. At least that's my excuse.

Several years ago he ran a sale and I bought around $25 to $30 worth of tying materials. When I got the order I spread it all out on a ping pong table we have and I swear it covered half the table. All good quality stuff too.

He runs the Christmas boxes every year, Dave. One box will keep a hobbyist tier in material for several years.

Wow, all I can say is wow! I cannot believe everything that was in that package. It is one thing to see the list and anther to open the box. Even got here a day early. Ordered on Friday and got here today, Wednesday. I will post the Unboxing video in a little bit. Need to edit and upload it. Now to figure out what all I can tie !!!!

Wow, all I can say is wow! I cannot believe everything that was in that package. It is one thing to see the list and anther to open the box. Even got here a day early. Ordered on Friday and got here today, Wednesday. I will post the Unboxing video in a little bit. Need to edit and upload it. Now to figure out what all I can tie !!!!

An unboxing video would be great to see!

I watched/liked your unboxing video, nice flys too.

Wow, alot of stuff.

Thanks for posting.

After spending lots of money on EP (more than I care to know), I found out about FTD and haven't looked back. It's crazy how much cheaper FTD is and the products are almost identical.

Congo Hair - Nearly identical to EP Fibers. Congo may be just a little bit thinner, but just by a fraction. There's just no reason to justify spending $8 on EP when Congo is $1.75. The Congo Hair Box is $48 and comes with over 40 colors, you just can't beat that.

Congo Hair Blends - are similar to the EP 3D Fibers, where they combine a couple colors to get you a 3D effect.

H2O Twist - Identical to Krystal Flash in pearl color. It's about twice as long in length, you get a lot more in the bag, and it's a fraction of the cost. I just wish FTD had more colors available, but pearl is all they offer at the moment.

H2O Flash - Nearly identical to Flashabou. Lot's of good colors to choose from and good price.

Nothing but great things to say about FTD. My last order was shipped the same day I ordered and arrived about 4 days later.

Thanks for the good information on FTD...I find it terrible that people in the fly tying industry think they can get rich by re-selling materials originally for a different purpose and then turning around (and because it is fo fly tyers) putting a huge mark-up on the stuff. I know that some of the materials sold today cost less than the package they come in - only to retail for near double digit dollars - disgusting!! Glad to hear there are still places like FTD.

Placed my first order with a day ago!