Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Moshup

Snake Fly

I've been having lots of fun catching with this one lately.

post-59483-0-62121200-1497497996_thumb.jpeg

With what fish? I know a guy who uses those for snook here

FlatsRoamer this is a Lou Tabory Snake fly. He was a NE fisherman when he tied this so the Striper was the original gamefish targeted. It looks killer in the water so I'm sure a whole list of other fish would find this fly enticing especially Snook. Thanks GC59 and Islander727 this year has been a good year for this white ghost. Rocco do u have a pic of that variation ?

Mogup show us some photos of the fish that have been eating that white snake.

They use a heck of a lot of deer hair but they move so well in the water and are relatively easy to cast.

Mogup show us some photos of the fish that have been eating that white snake.

Sorry Saltybum just read your post last night. I don't think I have any pics matched with the Snake fly and Stripers from this spring but I'll be out again for the fall run and try to post. On my last visit to the Cape as I was getting in my car to leave I gave one away to a local who had never heard of it. We'll see if it's works as well in the fall as it did this spring.

They use a heck of a lot of deer hair but they move so well in the water and are relatively easy to cast.

They are fairly easy to cast and look great in the water Piker20. Love the surface or the barely subsurface takes.