Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

The Long Hike to Fish!

I went to Vallecito lake to do some pike fishing, however the pike had finished their spawn, and went in deep. So during the camping trip, I heard of a beautiful hike up to a mountain stream that proved to be something I needed to conquer. I tried hiking it the first day, and got about 5-6 miles up the mountain before it started thundering and raining. So I tried it the next day, and made it a full 11 miles up to where the river was a bit slower. Even though I didn't catch any fish, the hike itself was worth it, and the scenery was stunning. Probably one of the most beautiful and dramatic places I have ever been. The river cut into the mountainside and created a breathtaking hike.

Even though I didn't catch fish, camping is so relaxing and sorta a reset for life. I love getting out there as often as possible. There was a study that proved camping without any electronics for a 24 hour period can help reset your body clock, and help you sleep sound. This is what it does for me.
Vallecito lake is absolutely beautiful, set in a valley surrounded by amazing mountains.

I'm just curious, does your wife like to camp out and hike and fish and stuff ? Mine does, loves it !

Would love to have her come, and yes she does. However we have a 3 year old, and she is pregnant with another kid. So... she isn't coming along for a while...

Sounds like a great time , living the dream and enjoying being outdoors , looks like a win !

Outdoors are needed sometimes in my line of work. I work on computers 40-60 hours each week... I need to get out and enjoy nature once every week or I start getting cabin fever. Ever seen the matrix? Yeah, hat code they stair at? That's what I look at about 10-12 hours a day. Haha. Being outside is essential to my mental and physical health.

Yes, a total win/win. I come home happier to my wife and less stressed, and also get to see the beautiful countryside! I feel I could live in a tent sometimes! Haha. Somehow, after being on my computer for hours, living outside seems much more enjoyable! Haha