Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Back to the land of the living

IWlg78.jpg

Doing water changes on the tanks in the basement... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ... "supposed" to be taking it easy. Well layin in bed like a sick person never has worked for me. I always believe the body follows suit of the mind and happy mind = faster healing body. Also got out and walked probably 1/2mile today as well happy.png

Get better soon brother!Let us know if you need anything!

IWlg78.jpg

Doing water changes on the tanks in the basement... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ... "supposed" to be taking it easy. Well layin in bed like a sick person never has worked for me. I always believe the body follows suit of the mind and happy mind = faster healing body. Also got out and walked probably 1/2mile today as well ^_^

Don't let your boss know you are doing that, you might get fired!

You are right , what is in motion, stays in motion.

Get better Steve.

Steve,

I'm sure it was a slow painful 1/2 mile !! I've been through similar surgery and agree that a body in motion stays in motion. I also believe that a positive attitude does more for healing than all of the drugs ever invented Heal fast.

Les

Thanks guys, doing pretty good the past couple days. Can walk upright and almost normal now with minimal pain. Been walking around the block each moring now as well as getting out to do other things. Got an apt to get the staples out now next Friday so once those are out I'm sure I'll feel even better then.

qUHbVn.jpg

Weird things happen when I get bored 1f609.png Hard for me to just sit around during recovery, I'm always active and got "something" going on so decided to dig the acrylic paints out and play around with them today. By no means art quality but I enjoy sitting and painting at times. Wouldn't mind finding some local classes maybe at some point, I think I'd enjoy that. Now what to do??...What to do what to do lol

My need to be active and do something pisses my wife off, I always want to be tinkering or learning something new.

That's how I am too vicente. I never have been able to just sit and do nothing. I can watch a movie or something but that's about the extent of my ability to do nothing. Think I may tie some leaders or something tomorrow, I haven't done that in years so might be nice to get back into tying up a few for vacation.

I've seen worse ... MUCH worse ... from people who think they're masters.

That garbage from Jackson Pollock gets big money from people with no taste.

Those two paintings are pretty good.

Suggestions for, "What to do next ..."

Maybe you could practice some of those fancy, complex weaves seen on some salt water rods?

Tie some realistic, 3 day flies like Sergio?

Try some photography, like Terje?

Start building a tooth pick sculpture?

Learn yoga?

Tie some realistic, 3 day flies like Sergio?........NO!

Try some photography, like Terje?.........Terje, is that the Machete Kills guy?

Start building a tooth pick sculpture?......Can't, I used up all my toothpicks yesterday practicing my Stallone Cobra in the mirror "You're the disease, I'm the cure!"

Learn yoga?........The bear?

Step one. Tie a fly.

Step two. Cut the hook off at the bend.

Step three. Affix on the end of a short bit of mono, submerge in tank.

Step four. Harass cichlids and wish you were fishing. Relax. Laugh at them confused as to why they can't eat this thing.

Got all the staples out this morning and feeling great. First time in nearly 4 years I can actually get up in the morning and have no level of pain to have to deal with through the day. All done with the Doc & Hospital garbage now and can now focus on getting ready for two straight weeks of fishing the Au Sable :)