Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fisherboy0301

A clean, semi organized desk, and some trout ties!

I'm now interested in the effectiveness of the antenna on the goddard - I have fished the flies after the fragile antenna have broken off and don't find them nearly as successful and hence always tie them in. It is one of my favorite caddis dry flies when it has antenna. But I'm not sure there is any science behind that or if its i just lose confidence in the fly. guess ill have to do some more testing, aka tying and fishing.

I agree, flytire, that I wouldnt expect the trout to key in on the antenna, but then again we do know they pick off crippled mayflies at a higher rate than healthy

A bunch of nicely tied flies Fisherboy! That soft hackle and the EHC were especially nice I thought!

BCT

I appreciate it! I was tying regular PT nymphs, and found a bag of starling a hunter friend of mine from MD sent me. So I left off the bead, wing case, and legs, added lead wraps and starling. They should work well I guess. Sz 16-12

That EHC is the best I tied out of about 50 hahahaha

Nice tying area FB, humble is good. Too many un-humble snobs out there. What rifle is that brass from? Looks like 35 cal. or something good for deer.

Nice tying area FB, humble is good. Too many un-humble snobs out there. What rifle is that brass from? Looks like 35 cal. or something good for deer.

That's my hair stacker! It's a 30/30 brass. I use it for longer bucktail, fox, squirrel, etc.

Inside of it is a .22mag shell I use for elf, deer body, and shorter hair.