Fly Tying
vicrider

Wanna do the EuroOrBust swap...

Okay guys, with Bob out for repairs is anyone ready to step in. There were a few interested and I wish we could entice flytire back in but sounds like wishful thinking. I'll make a separate post and see if we can fill us back up. If not I'll just sort flies so everybody gets an extra from someone or maybe just send Fishin'Bob a set since he has given us such nice flies over the last few years. We'll still need 13 flies from everyone regardless of how it plays out.

Hatchet Jack you flies came today. They are nice and your added note is a good one. CDC does not take well to Gink. I would think any fish eats caddis will slurp these down.

Nick

Come on flytire, you routinely, post 1/2 dozen before breakfast on the monthly fly thread. Help cover for Bob, like vicrider suggests.

The rest of us would enjoy having one of your expertly tied classics!!!

I'll get in on it Vic.

You're in zip. Read the rules, go tie us 13 originals and send 'em my way and you'll get back a baker's dozen of pure quality originals. I hope.

Sounds good,man!

I sent mine last friday, you should be getting them any day if you haven't gotten them yet.

jjs89yj, your flies flew in today and very nice they are. Proof that foam can make a nice small trout fly even if I can't use foam for anything except big dragon flies.

Hatchet Jack's got here a couple of days ago and we are in for a treat with this swap bringing us everyone's favorite fly and not a copy of someone else's. Let's face one thing though. Unless you come up with some really outlandish thing like a Hog Snare and it catches fish and fisherman, there's not a lot of "new" flies out there. I mine no claim to my contribution being new flies but a concept I've not seen in a swap yet so I think it's original that way.

Rockworm treated us to a great looking pair of flies that arrived today. His flies always add quality to any fly box.

Good day at the PO. Great flies for the swap from GP Fisherman, EuroOrBust, Rick Ziegler and Man Dog have all contributed to our fly swap. Add to that mags from Fly Tyer and Cycle World, some great ribs from the Rib Rack vendor wagon, and a partial eclipse of the sun and it was a good day to send wife out for goodies.

Good day at the PO. Great flies for the swap from GP Fisherman, EuroOrBust, Rick Ziegler and Man Dog have all contributed to our fly swap. Add to that mags from Fly Tyer and Cycle World, some great ribs from the Rib Rack vendor wagon, and a partial eclipse of the sun and it was a good day to send wife out for goodies.

That exact fly I sent produced for me all weekend long!