Fly Tying
vicrider

Wanna do the EuroOrBust swap...

RichMC, I need an explanation. Your fly was very nice with hook designed to pull the material sideways through the water. When I lay it down I can't help but think how nice a bottom bouncer that would be with a small Sculpin head and oriented to lay horizontal instead of vertical. You included material to experiment with but to me it is one sided. What trick did you use to get the material lay like yours does. It seems to me you're doubling the material but can't quite see the trick of tying it that way. Please help.

I received my EuroOrBust flies yesterday. Some very elegant flies and I look forward to trying them all. Thanks for hosting, Nick.

Guest rich mc

i was in both swaps had a pink worm in one and a leech pattern with material in the bass swap rich mc

I understand that Rich but the grey leech material is like one sided and your streamer/leech has material flowing on two sides. Am I looking at something wrong?

vicrider, maybe you nest to pay that in the bass swap?

HUH?

damn auto correct/type. I meant to say did you mean to out that in the bass swap.

No, I meant to out it in this swap. :-)

Guest rich mc

the gray leech material is an eyelash yarn,tail is furled .more yarn is tied on by the bend and is back wrapped 2times around the tail then wrapped forward the other pink one has the tail melted and tied on top of the shank . rich mc