Fly Tying

This fly I am calling the Silky Minnow, because it uses water silk fiber from fly tiers dungeon. This material flows well in the water, and has interesting movement. It is sort of a high tie type of tying style, and will swim very well. It can almost hover in the water, and sinks very slowly making for good movement when targeting finicky fish. Short and soft tugs will make the fly jerk like a dying baitfish, then sink slowly slightly angled head down, just like a dying baitfish would.

Hook: Gamakatsu B10S - Size 6 ; Or you could use Gamakatsu SC15 for saltwater
Thread: Danville 210 Flat Waxed - Fl. Orange
Hook Wrap: Pearl Tinsel Braid
Belly: Pearl Starburst Dubbing
Wing: Olive Water Silk
Wing Accent: Peacock Hurl
Eyes: 3D stick on eyes
Filler Resin: Solarez "Thin Hard" UV curing resin
Coating Resin: Solarez "Bone Dry" UV curing resin

Looks good!

Forum won't let me "Like This"...must post count quota I haven't met in 5 years. LOL

Lol no worries, glad you like it though, whether it's a forum like or a personal like, always good to hear when people like my patterns.

Like button is disabled so don't worry about that.

The fly looks good and should produce some fish for you McFly

Yeah, definitely a good fly for bass in certain situations. Also, I use it on some ocean fish as well. But again, like said in the video, use a saltwater hook like an SC15...

Thanks for the underwater action. I've wondered about FTD's Water Silk, but never bought any. Looks like it has nice movement in the water, so now I need to order some.

Is it so soft that it can foul on the hook on, say, a clouser style fly?

Thanks for the underwater action. I've wondered about FTD's Water Silk, but never bought any. Looks like it has nice movement in the water, so now I need to order some.

Is it so soft that it can foul on the hook on, say, a clouser style fly?

It is pretty soft, maybe tie the clouser shorter... but with a clouser I'd rather use Congo hair, which is a bit stiffer fibers. Water silk is good for small EP style flies though... the softer fibers allow for more movement for the smaller ones...