Fly Tying
Bimini15

Another Customer Service Thread. Want to bet?

Here's a different direction hijacking.

If you haven't been to your local Gander Mountain ... you've got about 5 days until it's history. They're selling off everything, and most of it's already gone.

I went back three times. I got fly line at 80% off. I got a rod and reel at 50% and 60% respectively. Plus a host of other stuff.

Gander sale 1.JPG Gander sale 2.JPG Gander sale 3.JPG

$256.08 spent.

$537.80 saved.

If you haven't been to your local Gander Mountain ... you've got about 5 days until it's history. They're selling off everything, and most of it's already gone.

I went back three times. I got fly line at 80% off. I got a rod and reel at 50% and 60% respectively. Plus a host of other stuff.

attachicon.gifGander sale 1.JPG attachicon.gifGander sale 2.JPG attachicon.gifGander sale 3.JPG

$256.08 spent.

$537.80 saved.

attachicon.gifGander sale 1.JPG attachicon.gifGander sale 2.JPG attachicon.gifGander sale 3.JPG

$256.08 spent.

$537.80 saved.

Just doing my part to help keep the thread hijacked.

I went and googled that couple weeks ago to see what the scoop was,they were near bankruptcy and Camping World bought them out. They are not closing every store but yes most of them are going away. I think the one in the DFW area is staying open

Gonna have to stop by and see if they have Sperry shoes... :D

They never had much in the fly tying area.

Thanks for the heads up

Ok guys - the next time you need assistance / instruction / service or help choosing an item, peer into your little computer screens or contact Amazon - don't soak up the time of a real person in a real store (and then run off to save a buck on Amazon) good luck with that...

All I am trying to point out here is the luxury you enjoy from your local businesses extends far beyond saving a buck or two.

I am going to quote this from page 1 and really don't feel like reading what's in between there and here. I live where it's either a Dollar General in town (a recent big step up the shopping scale), 30 miles to a Wally World, or internet. When I lived in Mnpls/St. Paul I was able to store purchase most of the items I now have to order. What used to irritate the hell out of me as a one time retail store owner (small bait shop) was people who would go in, try a bunch of items on, MC helmets were a good example, then go home and order off the internet, using the stores stock as nothing but a sizing room to save a few bucks. When the stores close it's like mentioned, order, receive, try on, send back, wait, hope this one's right. I just don't do it but wife does.