Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
atxdiscgolfer

Classic Hairwing Salmonfly Swap

On the left margin of the page in flytire's first link they say they have exported to 25 countries but can not send to USA because of our MBTA.

isnt this what it says?? they say the feathers they use are NOT on the MBTA OR CITES lists

no mention if they cannot be imported into USA

2Pbplrg.jpg

but definitely give them a call for exact information

Maybe that's why they haven't called me back yet I found another site that seems to have some quality black dyed blue eared pheasant, but if anybody has any other ideas, still much appreciated. Thanks ( i'll keep it with this site too.)

isnt this what it says?? they say the feathers they use are NOT on the MBTA OR CITES lists

no mention if they cannot be imported into USA

2Pbplrg.jpg

but definitely give them a call for exact information

It does. I blundered around there to this page, where the side bar is different and I just thought it was the same; http://www.canadiantubeflies.com/flytying-plumage-grey-heron.html

Sorry about that.

Any other alternatives you might suggest are appreciated, or a truly reliable source for buying them via internet.. My efforts at buying large blue eared pheasant have been mighty and nearly fruitless. I found and bought a 10 pack on the internet for $15 but it's got only two feathers that are usable if I die them black.

Did you try here ? These are his large size and are already dyed black. He's also located on this side of the border smile.png

Regards,

Mark

After my goof, I did some looking about in the net; the heron family includes bittern and egrets and worldwide has 64 species, near as I can tell only about half of those come under the MBTA. So some 20-30+ species apparently are legal here, contrary to my previous belief, and the many times I've seen it said on the net that all were protected.

@Mark - yes that's my next effort, but he's not operational until at least the end of the month... should be fine.

I was able to obtain the Blue Eared Pheasant (dyed black) from AO Feathers. They arrived today. All proper quality, just as advertised. Much thanks for all your help.