Fly Tying
ChumpMeat

Best Retailer for Materials

Hello,

I'm also fairly new to fly fishing and was also wondering where to buy tying materials. I've tried several ones and they were all pretty good.

Couple weeks ago I bought this trout season 2018 kit from The Popper Company. It contained a lot of finished flies, tying kits , materials such as epoxy eyes, popper bodies, fluoro fibre, etc.... .

I think I will have close to 100 flies and I paid 120$ for it. That is a bargain, I think

Here is the link to that kit

http://thepoppercompany.com/page/promotions

Bumping this thread to get some newer (than say...2017) recommendations for online retailers.
Below is my list and impressions. I live in New Mexico so I have a tendency to buy from online retailers that are close-ish.

AvidMax - High Recommend - Fast shipping and their stock is (mostly) complete at all times.
Trident - BEST PLACE FOR HOOKS!
Dakota Angler & Outfitter - Good selection and fast shipping (at least to me)
The Fly Shop - They are OK. Fast shipping though. Stock is somewhat sparse on hooks and feathers.
Fly Fish Food - They are OK. 
J. Stockard - Good but not great. They always seem to be OOS on at least half of the things I need forcing me to use another retailer.
Bill Marriot's - Not impressed so far. Misleading online inventory. 

So of course there isn't a one-stop online retailer that has everything available and always in stock. I also understand that the shipping from wholesalers has been a nightmare since the pandemic started so trying to maintain inventory has been a challenge to say the least.

I'm surprised I didn't comment on the original thread.  The two I use are Feather-Craft(Missouri) and The Fly Fisher's Shop(Wisconsin).  Both have a very good selection of materials and hooks.  I've gotten good service from them.  Even had them call me when there was an issue with my order.   I also use Barlow's and Jann's Netcraft for hooks(mainly  for bass flies).  I also will buy my "sili legs", also known as spinner bait skirt layers from them.  They're cheaper and have a better selection of sizes and colors.