Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

California fires

Off the top of my head, I can't remember who ... but I know there are a few members who are from the areas near Napa Valley.

I truly hope the recent fires there have left you unscathed.

Posted this on my facebook page today...

"The other night on the National Fake News they were showing a huge gathering of sympathizers sending up thousands of those Chinese Lanterns. These are basically white paperbags with string holding a candle underneath. This is a beautiful sight as you watch these burning candles lifting the white paper bags heavenward, glowing to honor both those lost in Las Vegas and other incidents that cannot be understood or explained by normal people."

"The next night on the National Fake News they had pictures and video of the terrible wildfires that were breaking out all over California. UHHHH?"

A new record, 31 deaths from the fires in California. Again, I hope you guys who live out that way are safe.

vicrider's favorite news source says chinese lanterns are to blame.

California is always plagued with fires during the dry seasons. Winds differ and some years, they aren't too bad. Years like this one, the winds have spread the fires faster than the crews can keep up.

After a good spell of drought killing a lot of trees and brush followed by a very wet winter and spring making for heavy grass and weeds, is a big part of it.

I thought I’d heard high winds Sunday downed some power lines, causing brush to ignite. Regardless of cause, citizens are suffering terribly. The area will be impacted negatively for a long time.

" ... more than 15 fires that have scorched 220,000 acres, destroyed an estimated 5,700 structures and caused at least 35 deaths."

The above quote is from a good article about all the fires burning as of this morning.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-california-fires-20171014-story.html