Fly Tying
xterrabill

Show your bench

Mike, I love the built-in trash can. I wanted to do something just like that on my tying desk, but the entire work surface sits over one drawer or another, so unless I want to designate one of them a "trash drawer", it will have to wait until my woodworking skills are up to building a custom tying desk. Not only that, my current desk is an old wooden Steelcase office desk that I inherited from my Mom when I left home for college. It has a solid walnut top and I'm pretty sure she'd disown me if I cut a hole in it. :)

This is then...

post-52874-0-02209900-1508520155_thumb.jpeg

This is now...

post-52874-0-46262900-1508520216_thumb.jpeg

But one day... One day...! I am going to make this mobile standing station...

post-52874-0-39983300-1508520320_thumb.png

Ashamed to show my bench, I found it on the side of the road and rebuilt it. It is not much to look at but it serves it's purpose.

My man cave/tying "area" is prolly best described as "organized chaos" most of the time. Every now and then everything is put up and truly organized but gets outa hand in the heat of the "battle" guickly....

IMG_1830.png

IMG_1828.png

IMG_1829.png

My man cave/tying "area" is prolly best described as "organized chaos" most of the time.

Reminds me of a meme Wife showed me.

meme.jpg

Mine is mobile. Serves me on the water job site or when at home. Backpack stuffed to the max that sometimes I think new materials won't fit in lol. Was gonna get another vise a regal but now I have just Saturday to fish rest is working days 14 to 16 hours a day. Not much time to make a store run after lol. Bars are fun to tie at VFW post is too dimley lit to tie in.

Tie a great deal of flies here at Ottes Tavern in Delran NJ. Also don't get to go home with all them as I get way too much attention but a lot are put in shadow boards by avid fly fishers so at a later date they can make what I have made. Makes me happy.

post-61305-0-68937500-1508535653_thumb.jpg

Are you kidding? I need a shovel everytime I sit down to tie. What a mess!

In a month or so - after I return from the San Juan River, I will really get organized. I have an idea some of you may like for organizing your spools and bobbins. The prototype is coming together now.

Thanks!

Mine is a disaster area

Center and left side

post-309-0-52385400-1508628879_thumb.jpg

right side of the room(mainly material and hook storage area

post-309-0-00022600-1508629440_thumb.jpg

Main tying area. I think the "desk" was my grandmother's used to have a mirror mounted on it.

post-309-0-23975700-1508629457_thumb.jpg