Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

You Tube is not what is not what it used to.

Yep thats her smoke alarm. Watch the Christmas dinner one if you dare. Its a good way to stop myself eating. Watch it at the start of a day and I'm off food till the next one.

I agree! What I find remarkable are the parents encouraging their children to produce and post videos. Times are a changing when go out and ride a bike is going the way of top milk. Way to many expert iPhoners and go proers posting as if they are an expert on whatever subject they are youtubing on. Got to agree with Mike in that I would rather have to wade through the crap than not have any medium for the good videos.

In the age of social media, lots of people are making a living off their new found followings. I do not begrudge anyone for trying, but it annoys the heck out of me that the rest can’t tell shit from shinola.

Nobody is making a living off of a YouTube channel. Those who think they will are being mislead.

I think you would be surprised.

Not saying every channel alone does, by any stretch, but many Youtubers do rake in viewer donations, advertisement moneys, sponsorships, affiliate sales, etc. and make out handsomely through social media. They become brands, sell their branded products, etc... Being a Youtuber becomes a real job.

For some reason my pad can't load the links flytire but let me refine my comment. Very very few may make a livable wage from YouTube but the vast majority won't, nor should. Grovelling for hits is not a job.

"Grovelling for hits is not a job."

but it sure can be profitable. and who cares if they find a way to make money!

just shows they were just a bit smarter than the rest us even if its silly shit they are making videos about

giphy.gif

but the vast majority won't, nor should.

That is the problem. Should not, but many do. My hope is that all these cool young “experts” actually learn something as they go so that they can pass it on, because knowledge alone is not going to draw the herd to the true masters.

We are working our way towards a model where most “knowledge” for most people comes from social media feeds, from sources of no authority.

If that chicken vid doesn't bring a hunger to your belly then there is something missing from your wiring.