Fly Tying

DSC01854 (2).JPG...

Okay guys, got it figured out now. Can use full editor and thumbnails. Had to store pics, edit and crop to reduce size, then make copy in new folder and it works.

Give it a chance guys. I came back to try again. Having no problem posting pics but big problem doing it the way I want. Trying a different path this time.

Okay, so I'm not happiest with this method but got 30 to do and been playing for 2 hours just to decide this is how I need to do. Picture, transfer, edit, save, upload, download thumb, click thumb and open postimage, shut down postimage and click on next one. Much easier to look at them than getting them in the post.

I'm pretty technologically illiterate so I just use the `more reply options` thing on the mobile version of the site. I've been lucky/unlucky enough to avoid these newfangled devil boxes long enough that I don't really know how to use them to put pictures on the interwebs. The forum really does a good job of walking me through the process.

The problem with the more reply options is that it cannot handle the amount of data in the modern digital cameras. It cannot take a picture of more than 2MB and I don't know how to make a picture have less data to use that way of doing it. I've had some success with taking a picture and editing it down with "crop" and making it a smaller size but that didn't work with these. I'd still get "error, picture size too large" or whatever it says when kick out your picture.

If you are using a digital camera you may be able to go into settings and lower either picture size or picture quality before you take pictures.

Or you can always download the free XnView or XnConvert and use it to change them all at once after the pictures have been taken.

Xnview.com to download.

is a youtube video showing you batch processing of pics.

using editing software, your foto reduced to 600 pixels wide

fGdfRAa.jpg

6Aj8i3l.jpg

all of your fotos should have been uploaded to postimage to the 640 x 480 size. every photo will be the same size

send me an email ([email protected]) with the photos and i'll straighten them out for you

or call me (860) 822-1855 and ill try to walk you through posting fotos

The problem with the more reply options is that it cannot handle the amount of data in the modern digital cameras. It cannot take a picture of more than 2MB and I don't know how to make a picture have less data to use that way of doing it. I've had some success with taking a picture and editing it down with "crop" and making it a smaller size but that didn't work with these. I'd still get "error, picture size too large" or whatever it says when kick out your picture.

This site is one of the easiest on the net to post pics on. I resized these 4 on my desktop pc in paint. It didn't take long at all.

post-12032-0-59473500-1512330590_thumb.jpg post-12032-0-33700300-1512330606_thumb.jpg

post-12032-0-42063600-1512330632_thumb.jpg post-12032-0-37677600-1512330661_thumb.jpg

Norm, appreciate the offer since I know you find yourself around this stuff very well. Thing is, I have over 30 to load and would like to do it with thumbs on the forum that you can click on to full size. One of my experiments was pics like you have on post but I didn't want to do them that big on forum. What I want is something like mvendon has with thumbs that blow up when clicked but don't open a new window to show them. Stays on our forum, then you just click to next pic. I'm going to go and start shooting pics but can you help me with what mvendon has?

nick

ill defer to mvendon to hopefully guide you to posting thumbnails like he shows in his post

download that xnview software to do batch processing or use microsoft paint

he is looking to post fotos from his computer as attachments not from a photo hosting website