Fly Tying
Kimo

December flies from the Vise

Ray, for now I am going to let flytire decide whether further off-topic discussion is proper because it was his OP, that started this thread.

i am not the "op" original poster of this thread and its not up to me to decide if further discussion is needed. (check out the first post) please leave me out of this discussion smile.png

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=86423&p=711275

it has already be warned/decided that this is not the thread to talk about the ins and outs of fly photography

i think there is sufficient information to be found in the "Photography" section of the forum if people just took the time to use the search function

starting place

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

I like all of those. Good job!

Ray

My concern isn't that it'll screw up this thread ... but that it'll drag this thread days or weeks into January.

Mike,

I hadn’t thought about it from that standpoint, continuing the discussion into January, but after you mention it, I understand your thoughts. I agree.

Thanks again for the link.

Ray

Ray, for now I am going to let flytire decide whether further off-topic discussion is proper because it was his OP, that started this thread.

i am not the "op" original poster of this thread and its not up to me to decide if further discussion is needed. (check out the first post) please leave me out of this discussion smile.png

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=86423&p=711275

it has already be warned/decided that this is not the thread to talk about the ins and outs of fly photography

i think there is sufficient information to be found in the "Photography" section of the forum if people just took the time to use the search function

Daggnabitt, I am sorry for my "mistake" flytire; I am giving myself a warning, but also using this for a teachable moment.

Kenduardo you impatient Redneck, you may want to look at early posts in a thread to get some context and avoid assuming something that makes you look silly. And, sometimes the search function works very well with a precise word or phrase! Ya DillWeed.

I ass.u.me.d flytire started this thread because he is the one who often gets this feature rolling each month.

Kimo, your serve now!

So, here is my first attempt at a Chell Panfish Attractor. Didn't have any raccoon or wildcat hair, so I had to go with this yellow fuzzy stuff that blew into my yard, probably from Eastern Oregon, recently:

1.DSC06949.jpg

Kill Devil Spider (variation)

39357420012_75e99065cc_c.jpg

24521738587_932a1dcbef_c.jpg

25517315618_c67535595a_c.jpg

Looking for excuses to use some sharptail feathers so I added a front collar.

hook - Mustad 3906 #8

thread - Danville 6/0 black

tail - brown hackle

rib - small wire silver

abdomen - tinsel silver

thorax - peacock herl

hackle - hen brown (oversize by 2)

collar - sharptail grouse

Regards,

Scott

Who owns the monthly threads? Not to get too existential near the end of the year, but that is one of the great questions for the ages, next to Who are we?, and Should I stay or should I go?

Me thinks it is totally irrelevant who started. It is a forum. Threads are going to go where our replies make them go. And this one is going off the soap box now.

scott, super as always

harold ray

i am revising/updating a post on my blog regarding fly photography and will send you a link when i get finished

it is a process that takes time so dont expect it overnight

happy new years

back to december flies from the vise

BPcZ3pF.jpg

Kimo that emerger is quite extraordinary. I'm not sure I've seen one like it. All sorts of goodness in there. I'm thinking with the resin head the hook shank should sit more perpendicular to the surface, brilliant.

Humm, that just got the juices flowing as I was typing. A tiny bit of weight up front like that might to interesting things to a deer hair bug.

Kimo that emerger is quite extraordinary. I'm not sure I've seen one like it. All sorts of goodness in there. I'm thinking with the resin head the hook shank should sit more perpendicular to the surface, brilliant.

Humm, that just got the juices flowing as I was typing. A tiny bit of weight up front like that might to interesting things to a deer hair bug.

Mahalo!

Kimo