Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rakkenes

The BWO (E.ignita) short film

Hi

I made a short fly fishing video on the Ephemerella Ignita this summer. Hope you'll enjoy it! English subs are available by clicking the subs button on YouTube

(Please delete this post if it's not appropriate or in the wrong forum)

Tight lines!

Kjell

www.rakkenes.com

Very nice BWO video. Here in Colorao we get BWO's hatching all year round. In fact my buddy and I got into a hatch this past Saturday ( 2 DEC 2017)

Very nice BWO video. Here in Colorao we get BWO's hatching all year round. In fact my buddy and I got into a hatch this past Saturday ( 2 DEC 2017)

Not at all the same insect. The ones in the film (the bugs that have been called BWOs for 200 years or more) are related to Hendricksons and are similar in appearance (except a bit smaller) and have a similar life style (crawler nymphs). What most people in this country call BWOs (Baetis sp) are more closely related to just about every other insect that the Brits call olives, except the BWO, and they're swimmer nymphs. (To be fair, there are a few bugs here, such as D. cornuta that get called BWOs which are more closely related to the bugs in the film.)

Not at all the same insect. The ones in the film (the bugs that have been called BWOs for 200 years or more) are related to Hendricksons and are similar in appearance (except a bit smaller) and have a similar life style (crawler nymphs). What most people in this country call BWOs (Baetis sp) are more closely related to just about every other insect that the Brits call olives, except the BWO, and they're swimmer nymphs. (To be fair, there are a few bugs here, such as D. cornuta that get called BWOs which are more closely related to the bugs in the film.)

Thank you sir