Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyrod04

Flash blend bait fish brush

Hello!

Has anyone played around with the flash blend bait fish brush from " just add H2O"?

I use the Ep Brush alot and was wondering how this would compare and if it has any craft fur in it?

thanks in advance!

If your fly fishing for pike try pike trek.com dubbing brushes are not a lot of use for lures as they don't provide the life like movement that long fibres produce a better action I have been tying my own pike flies for four years and have tried a lot of combinations and dubbing brush doesn't create movement like longer fibres hope this helps

Steve Sparkie

If your fly fishing for pike try pike trek.com dubbing brushes are not a lot of use for lures as they don't provide the life like movement that long fibres produce a better action I have been tying my own pike flies for four years and have tried a lot of combinations and dubbing brush doesn't create movement like longer fibres hope this helps

Steve Sparkie

thank you Steve! I do tie some Pike flies, but I tie a lot of Striper flies with brushes, I like simple patterns that I can tie quickly.

I will definitely check out Piketrek! thanks for the lead!

Have not played with that product but if it follows the other H20 products such as the Farrar blends, should be identical to the EP brushes except with more flash.

With regards to Steve Sparkie's point, considering this line was developed by Blane Chocklett, I suspect this product is very useful for pike and muskie.

I just got a pack of flash blend bait fish recently, but haven't tied with it yet. The fibers are stiffer than EP, and the brush has a lot of flash. There's no craft fur in this particular brush. They do make a polar fiber brush, which would be a lot more supple, if that's what you're looking for.

Unfortunately, there are only two brushes per pack.