Fly Tying
Mike West

It’s Popper Time again

Those all look great. Too much work for me ... when I know I am just going to lose them to snags or fish.

Mike you are an artist!I feel fortunate to have one of your flies in my collection!I can only hope to be able to tie poppers like this!

Thx Zip.

It’s been awhile huh?

OK

FRN & Fshng2 send me a PM with your shipping address. The bodies have been ready for months.

I just wasn’t happy with any of the tailing materials I had. I just order some Magnum Dragon tails today and some other stuff I’ve been wanting to play with.

Bet you thought I forget about you guys huh?

All of those look great Mike, I'm neither good at painting poppers nor do I want to take the time to learn, I straight up hate it, but I really enjoy seeing them done well.

Couldn't agree more Vicente...Mike's popper skills are top shelf.

Yep was wondering how you made out with the spook design.

Can't wait to try it ...Sending PM.

SFT, looks great. My kinda poppers "classic style".... tail behind hackle, legs thru the body, eyes, great finish, plenty of gap for hook set. Premade body or fashioned outa cork or sumthin?

MW, your work is extremely nice and gives me a whole new appreciation for poppers. Very inspiring but still intimidating. Thanks for posting and sharing all the information about your techniques.