Fly Tying

Deer hair divers....

Nice divers and Banana Bug.

Can you imagine how hard it must be to make deer hair bills.
Did you check out comments...Nice ones there too.

Mike your Banana Bug pattern is incredible, I bet that thing has got some wag.

Do you also make the non articulated version?

How thick is that book?

Mike your Banana Bug pattern is incredible, I bet that thing has got some wag.

Do you also make the non articulated version?

How thick is that book?

I might see where you are heading... Check Amazon for used title. Libraries sell surplus off for a pittance. Cheaper than colored copies! Like 5 bucks...

FRN Yep I Just ordered a copy of the book on Amazon $14 shipped.

If it's anything like the quarterly magazine this has got to be the Holy Grail of flytying.

Fshng2,

Well I guess you’re about to find out it’s about an inch inch and a quarter thick

I bought that when it first came out back in like 1985-1987 something like that.

It was a wealth of information and an eye-opening book at the time.

You will soon see that nothing is really new.

I’m an old guy right (59) In order to learn how to tie you figured it out yourself ,you bought books or went to clubs and tied with other tiers.

Now days if you want to get into fly tying and don’t know anything... you can be an expert in a year because of YouTube and the Internet.

Sometimes it pisses me off because the young kids ain’t paid their dues and other times I really appreciate it because I’ve learned so much from others.

I’ve been spinning a deerhair for over 40 years and I’ve sat down with some of the best dear hair spinners at the time(70’-90’s) and I can tell you’re right now these past heroes don’t hold a candle to some of the guys we have on this board today.

Fshng2,

Well I guess you’re about to find out it’s about an inch inch and a quarter thick

I bought that when it first came out back in like 1985-1987 something like that.

It was a wealth of information and an eye-opening book at the time.

You will soon see that nothing is really new.

I’m an old guy right (59) In order to learn how to tie you figured it out yourself ,you bought books or went to clubs and tied with other tiers.

Now days if you want to get into fly tying and don’t know anything... you can be an expert in a year because of YouTube and the Internet.

Sometimes it pisses me off because the young kids ain’t paid their dues and other times I really appreciate it because I’ve learned so much from others.

I’ve been spinning a deerhair for over 40 years and I’ve sat down with some of the best dear hair spinners at the time(70’-90’s) and I can tell you’re right now these past heroes don’t hold a candle to some of the guys we have on this board today.

I am with you Mike I learned from the school of hard knocks too.

I can tell you enjoyed the book alot, coffee stains and all.. Ha.

Thank goodness for Ernest Schweibert's Match The Hatch (without pictures) and orvis catalogs.

I'm just a young guy (66) that started tying when I was 15.

I missed tying a few years in between but have been making up for it these last few years.