Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

Collins commercial grab bag?

I did the same thing as above. When I received my package there was a note from Charlie requesting my phone number on my next order so he could better suit my needs

This is the holidays so I would cut him a little slack when it comes to ordering.

More than willing to cut some slack.

Still genuinely intrigued by his operation, though... No email, no website to speak of, no credit cards... I know it all probably helps keeping prices down, but... I just might have to ask him directly in my note.

Just wanted to say I placed an order with Mr. Collins a few months ago. He was very cordial, and full of information. He even gave some tips on tying a couple of patterns I was working on. My order arrived promptly and was exactly as promised and contained a short note from Mr. Collins. Would definitely order from him again.

I did the same thing as above. When I received my package there was a note from Charlie requesting my phone number on my next order so he could better suit my needs

This is the holidays so I would cut him a little slack when it comes to ordering.

Agreement 100% On this flytire, hard to imagine anything more distressing than being a one man band over the holidays.

#beenthere.donethat.ain't.no.fun!

The deed is done and the check is in the mail.

I included the famous note with a couple of questions, some background, and an order for what I want, if he thinks it works.

I am excited. It is going to be a long wait.

Charlie has always been easy to deal with for me. I've ordered from him maybe 7 or 8 times over the last 10 years or more. He sells top quality feathers so you won't be disappointed.

Bimini, I'm curious what you think about the hackle you got from Charlie. I recently ordered a few capes, including a Rusty Dun. This was my 3rd time in 4 years ordering from him. Once again, I was incredibly satisfied. It's good stuff.

I do not know yet.

Long story short, he returned my original check and letter with a note of his own where he went on about how only he chooses the colors, etc...

So I sent it back about two weeks ago and I have not heard since.

I am afraid it is going to be a “No hackle for you!... Next!” kind of situation.

Lol That's pretty funny Bimini15. Made me laugh. He will be at the Edison show I think and as I don't know where u are it maybe too far.

Bimini, I'm curious what you think about the hackle you got from Charlie. I recently ordered a few capes, including a Rusty Dun. This was my 3rd time in 4 years ordering from him. Once again, I was incredibly satisfied. It's good stuff.

His Rusty Dun is great.

Bimini's joke was funny because it does sound a little like the soup Nazi if you've been followinf the story. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his product but everyone can have a bad day. I would be comfortable telling you that I think you'd be pleased with your order. NEXT !

Mogup got the reference to Seinfelds soup Nazi.

The experience is being funny as in interesting, different. No credit card, no email, etc... It is not the way I am used to order these days.

But I have no complaints at this point because I knew all of that going in and I chose to order anyways.

And I have not tried to call him either to ask about the order.

So, like I said, I have nothing to report yet, good or bad. I am going to wait a few more days and go from there.