Fly Tying
Bimini15

Brrrrr...! How low can you go?

That is an awesome name for a liquor store. I love it! Dropped some animals off in Montana to be skinned for fur once and the lady proprietors proudly wore shits called the skinning bitches. One to two dollars per hide.

IMG_0272.JPGIMG_2922.PNG

Are them bitches any good at skinning out a field dressed, free ranging MoP? hide prices are up, up, up...

Mike west, what part of ca are you from? Sounds like where I'm from.

Bridgeport...50 miles North of Mammoth,CA....80 miles south of Carson City, NV. On Hwy 395

Town sits at about 6800 ft and surrounded by peaks 8000-10,000 ft

Cold air sinks...Brrrrrr

I used to live on a ranch (winter care taker) and the property boundary backed up to Yosemite national Park

I use to win bets at the bar that I could catch trout out of my bedroom window. Had a jar of salmon eggs and a Mickey Mouse fishing pole from Walmart just to win bets.

I used to live on a ranch (winter care taker) and the property boundary backed up to Yosemite national Park

I use to win bets at the bar that I could catch trout out of my bedroom window. Had a jar of salmon eggs and a Mickey Mouse fishing pole from Walmart just to win bets.

That’s a great story right there, and it sounds like beautiful country.

Yea I'm familiar with bridge port my dad endurance races horses down there a few times a year, I grew up north of Truckee

Had some weird stuff on my windshield this morning. Weather people said lowest temps in south Florida weve had in 2 years. 34 deg. Wind chill in the upper 20s This morning. Bbrrrr.

A little further south, the weather report mentions to watch for falling iguanas. Lol

post-59266-0-60420600-1579705425_thumb.jpeg

post-59266-0-97175200-1579705446_thumb.jpeg

post-59266-0-66394000-1579705629_thumb.jpeg

I use to win bets at the bar that I could catch trout out of my bedroom window.

Did you bring those people to your home and bedroom so they could watch you catch those fish? Prove to them so they'd pay up?

The worst thing about this weather right now is this stupid name they are calling it....a "bomb cyclone"....really?? bomb cyclone? ... I may be just turning into a grumpy old man but back in my day we called it a blizzard. I feel like finding out who came up with that name and driving to that weather station, bitchslapping them, then driving back home. .. Bomb cyclone dry.png

Its not just you Steve. I ABHOR made up weather terms like Bomb Cyclone,Rain Event,Snow Event, blah blah blah..It annoys me to no end

The coldest it's been so far this winter is 41 below. I have a picture of a thermometer, on my trap line, on the arctic circle, from about 20 years ago, that reads 68ish below. That's cold.

When it's that cold, you don't hear nothin' except the trees freezing and popping like a fire cracker every once in a while. And you can hear the northern lights when it's that cold.

Here's a new weather term to drive us all crazy. "Atmospheric Rivers" ... read it in a weather forecast on "The Weather Channel".

Atmospheric Rivers ???

That's pretty brutal Mark, -41 -68 that's just not cool, don't even need dry ice or a cryo set up for nitro-v with those kinds of temps. I wasn't aware that the northern lights were something that could be heard, that's pretty neat.

And you can hear the northern lights when it's that cold.

Mark what do the Northern Lights sound like? This is very interesting -

Thanks!