Fly Tying
flytire

the fly fishing show

I'll be at the Atlanta Area show (in Duluth, GA). It was a new location last year. More floor space, better parking, more vendors, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes this year. I'll be helping man the FFI Learning Center, as usual.

The Symposium in Lancaster had plenty of parking, but it wasn't free. Overall, though, it was a good location, although the show was a bit smaller than I remember from past years. My understanding is that Chuck has booked the same hotel for next year, the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Hi all, and I have yet to make it to the Massachusetts show (long drive from Pennsylvania), but someday! I spoke with Chuck today and they are expecting good crowds there, as the weather is looking decent for this weekend. I heard there's a football game Sunday, so we'll see how that impacts the crowd. Who really wants to watch Tom Brady???

I'm excited to see how the Edison show goes this year, as Chuck said, and I quote, that "Edison will be the largest show in the history of the Fly Fishing Show." I always loved the Somerset shows and can't wait to see how Edison turns out. It's between that one and Lancaster for me...but with a quote like that, how can I resist??? ;-) If any others plan on being in Edison, let me know...

http://flyfishingshow.com/edison-nj/

Tim

Tim, I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I'll be there on Saturday working at the South Jersey Coastal Fly Anglers table. Not sure if I'll be tying or not. Depends on table space. If you're there Saturday stop by.

Here is my preferred show... https://wasatchexpo.com (April of 2018)

Unfortunately it's way out of the way for most of the east coast folks on this thread though. I like how a lot of the innovators of the sport seem to gather at the Wasatch/Intermountain show.

I can't compare it to the Massachusetts show yet as I've never had the opportunity to attend it as of yet.

^^^ Not much info provided on their webpage about who will be there. I fish both fresh & salt and not much if anything on the salty side. It's early so I'm sure more stuff will be included as it gets closer to show time.

Tim, I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I'll be there on Saturday working at the South Jersey Coastal Fly Anglers table. Not sure if I'll be tying or not. Depends on table space. If you're there Saturday stop by.

I am now leaning to the Edison show on Saturday...I'll be sure to say hi.

Tim